Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4 Coming RealSoonNow(tm)  (Read 64974 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Master Fader V1.4 & My Fader
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
I think it is just an option to have the vintage style compressors and EQs, bit like a pre-set as far as I can tell. Wonder what exciting things will be in 1.5 then if they are listening to us? I would like linked faders and to hide un-used channels, perhaps a maters page? Someone's suggestion of the RTA tool built in would be an absolute god-send with ringing out monitors. 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »
Hey I have a question before I even consider downloading 1.4, whenever it manages to hit:
I noticed that Mackie switched over to what I hope is just an OPTION in that the parametric EQ, compression, and some other stuff are now virtual dials and knobs. Please, oh please, tell me that this is optional and that I can still use the old style (or rather the current) interface that works on movable waveforms and such!
Yes, the default is still the "current" style which is now called "Modern" vs "Vintage" :) .

bcbeak

• Youngling
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
But seriously folks ...

Mackie says it has released My Fader v1.0 and Master Fader v1.4 to Apple via Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/Mackie?fref=ts
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:41:20 AM by RoadRanger »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
Too bad they didn't post the release notes yet. Would be nice to read about ahead of time.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:41:01 AM by RoadRanger »
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
Looks like Apple is running about 6 days to approve an app so maybe we'll see V1.4 on Thursday?
http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:35:04 AM by RoadRanger »

MikeJ

• Initiate
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »
I have been using the dl for a while now and it does most of what I need. But there are limitations that are just not acceptable.  Having compression in my monitors makes using compression a no go. Especially on a larger stage. It does not look like they have any plans to address this issue. If they did someone would have said something. There is just not enough processing power to handle this.
As I said on the old forum - I'm a bit of a DSP programmer myself (and EE) and moving the tap point for the monitor sends will not require any additional processing power at all. It will require a bit more code to make it "switchable" and additional settings in the app but it should be fairly trivial assuming the code is "properly" structured. It should be just a matter of changing a pointer :) .

...and then you need to work out how to save that change to a Snapshot and Show and then sync that change across all linked iPads. Then it needs to be tested to make sure it hasn't changed any saved snapshots or Shows from the previous versions. And I'm sure I've missed some things. Not quite so simple now :-).

Mike.

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »
Not quite so simple now

Conceptually trivial doesnt necessarily mean trivial to implement - but moving the aux send tap point should not tax the DSP at all, even if done on a per-channel basis. Might tax Mackie's programmers a bit, depending on how well this lines up with either the existing code architecture or the structural changes they are making for 1.5

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
...and then you need to work out how to save that change to a Snapshot and Show and then sync that change across all linked iPads. Then it needs to be tested to make sure it hasn't changed any saved snapshots or Shows from the previous versions. And I'm sure I've missed some things. Not quite so simple now :-).
Actually if done correctly Shows are just an array of structures and you just add more to the end and it should all "just work". Obviously if you don't have any "extra space" in your structures (I like to leave some just for this) you'll have to run a "run once" conversion routine but those are pretty straightforward. I have a product that uses a similar mechanism to store presets and it really is that simple :) .
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:48:18 PM by RoadRanger »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2013, 03:10:30 PM »
OK, maybe it will be May....

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »
Realistically, it is no closer to release or they would have the docs updated to reflect the change that could (allegedly) hit the iPad at any moment. At this point, if it doesn't hit today, I will have to wait to update until after the weekend. I am not going to risk a complete redo.

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/specs/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:18:45 PM by LeeSteel »

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »
RR,

Glad to see someone has a forum back up.  It's funny how Mackie stated they released 1.4 to Apple for AppStore approval last Friday (3/29).  I'm on the beta team for an app called OnSong.  I'll tell you, it doesn't take 3-4 days to get approval.  Unfortunately, another stall tactic by Mackie  ::)

Gio
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
Realistically, it is no closer to release or they would have the docs updated to reflect the change that could (allegedly) hit the iPad at any moment. At this point, if it doesn't hit today, I will have to wait to update until after the weekend. I am not going to risk a complete redo.
If it hits tomorrow I'll load it up and let all you all know if I have any problems - that should be enough time for you to upgrade from a Friday night show? I'm sure they'll be a few others here loading it as soon as it hits the app store too :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
RR, Glad to see someone has a forum back up.  It's funny how Mackie stated they released 1.4 to Apple for AppStore approval last Friday (3/29).  I'm on the beta team for an app called OnSong.  I'll tell you, it doesn't take 3-4 days to get approval.  Unfortunately, another stall tactic by Mackie  ::)
Hey, glad you could make it to the "party" :D.

According to this it averages 6 days and I suspect the Easter holiday might push that out a day or two more :( :
http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
OK, well according to your link, we won't see the iPad app till next Monday.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
RR, Glad to see someone has a forum back up.  It's funny how Mackie stated they released 1.4 to Apple for AppStore approval last Friday (3/29).  I'm on the beta team for an app called OnSong.  I'll tell you, it doesn't take 3-4 days to get approval.  Unfortunately, another stall tactic by Mackie  ::)
Hey, glad you could make it to the "party" :D.

According to this it averages 6 days and I suspect the Easter holiday might push that out a day or two more :( :
http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com

RR, a day late and a dollar short ;D. Glad I'm part of the party!!  Thanks for getting the forum up.  Jason (OnSong) must have the luck of the draw.  I always get a notification from him once the regression testing has been done that he's releasing to Apple and it's never been more than 2 days tops. That's okay, we've waited this long, what's another couple of days.  I've got a gig tomorrow and Friday, but probably better I play with it in the studio before going live, eh?
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment