Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4 Coming RealSoonNow(tm)  (Read 65042 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master Fader V1.4 & My Fader
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »
OK, well according to your link, we won't see the iPad app till next Monday.
Actually those are calendar days, not business days so there's a chance we'll see it tomorrow :) unless Easter pushes it to Friday :( . Also I think once approved Mackie still has to push the "go" button - dunno if they've finished the docs for it yet or not :-\ . Is there something specific in it you need?

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
Re: Master Fader V1.4 & My Fader Coming RealSoonNow(tm)
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
My exact feeling Gio.. I too have shows tomorrow and Friday. I never take a new instrument to a gig without working with it first at home.
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
RR, you must be on the beta program if you aren't the least bit anxious to see some confirmation of features and workflow beyond the little blurb they posted a few months ago on the old forum. The rest of us are in the dark as to exactly what has changed or been modified, besides new compressors etc...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
RR, you must be on the beta program if you aren't the least bit anxious to see some confirmation of features and workflow beyond the little blurb they posted a few months ago on the old forum. The rest of us are in the dark as to exactly what has changed or been modified, besides new compressors etc...
Aside from MyFader I don't see anything of much interest to me. It would be nice if icons are saved but not a big deal. Even with MyFader I have yet to have a band show up early enough to have time to mess with IEM's although a couple lead singers have requested I bring one of mine along so they can try it out. My poor man's Micro Wedge clones (coaxial monitors, the real thing are hella expensive http://www.brandxav.com/eaw-mw10-black ) are better than most so that usually solves any previous problems they were having with hearing themselves anyways. I do have the iPad Mini to loan them if I ever do use the IEM so even MyFader isn't that important to me.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2013, 05:21:54 PM »
Aside from MyFader I don't see anything of much interest to me. It would be nice if icons are saved but not a big deal. Even with MyFader I have yet to have a band show up early enough to have time to mess with IEM's although a couple lead singers have requested I bring one of mine along so they can try it out. My poor man's Micro Wedge clones (coaxial monitors, the real thing are hella expensive http://www.brandxav.com/eaw-mw10-black ) are better than most so that usually solves any previous problems they were having with hearing themselves anyways. I do have the iPad Mini to loan them if I ever do use the IEM so even MyFader isn't that important to me.

RR, One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is the way they handled saving of Shows/Snapshots.  Most users wouldn't see this issue when dealing with 1 iPad, but I use 2.  One docked and the other remote.  I always end up with duplicate, triplicate shows on both devices since they are device dependent.  Also, icons are saved amongst devices now.  Ben showed me quite a bit regarding these improvements at the NAMM show.  The Vintage EQ, etc isn't really important to me.  I still like the surgical approach (4-band EQ, etc).  That is what I'm use to on my DAW (Sonar X2). I was told that 1.4 underneath the hood is a major redesign so they can implement some of the other features we want to see in versions past 1.4 (i.e. channel linking, elimination of unused channels, etc, etc.).
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »
I also use two iPads so I just got used to jumping through the hoops necessary to keep them in sync. If they improved this in V1.4 I have something else to look forward to :) ! I haven't yet created a FAQ about how the whole snapshot/show saving thing works now - guess I'll hold off until V1.4 to do that :) .
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:44:10 PM by RoadRanger »

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »
I also use two iPads so I just got used to jumping through the hoops necessary to keep them in sync. If they improved this in V1.4 I have something else to look forward to :) ! I haven't yet created a FAQ about how the whole snapshot/show saving thing works now - guess I'll hold off until V1.4 to do that :) .

You'll like what they've done.  If I remember right, 1.4 will also display what show is loaded.  I use Camtasia Studio 8 to do IT instructional videos.  I'd like to do something with an instructional video on Master Fader.  We should collaborate on your FAQ and incorporate that into a video to post on this forum.  What do you think?
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
You'll like what they've done.  If I remember right, 1.4 will also display what show is loaded.  I use Camtasia Studio 8 to do IT instructional videos.  I'd like to do something with an instructional video on Master Fader.  We should collaborate on your FAQ and incorporate that into a video to post on this forum.  What do you think?
All the FAQs are open to comment now. Feel free to add to them, suggest changes and/or to make video(s) expounding on them :) . Or post a new FAQ :) . I'll try to keep them somewhat organized ;D .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:22:24 PM by RoadRanger »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2013, 07:13:19 PM »
I also have 2 iPads. Awesome news indeed! See, this is why I am yearning for the updated release notes.

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2013, 01:04:07 PM »
Any minute now ... wait for it ... wait for it!

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »
Well........Not today  :(
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
Not yet, time to blame the aliens? ;)

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:39 PM »
Funny, just talked to Mackie support on an unrelated matter.  They said they haven't even released 1.4 to Apple for approval yet.  Doesn't surprise me. Maybe we will see 1.4 when Behringer releases the iX16 :).
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »
Well, this isn't the first time that Mackie's tech support has a different story that their official announcements :( .

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
Maybe they were just trying to give AbbaAgain (and Walmart) a scare