Author Topic: FAQ: Routers and Wireless Operation  (Read 21048 times)

Ram

• Padawan
Re: FAQ: Routers and Wireless Operation
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »
I was hoping someone will respond to my issue...

Anyways, let me explain this:
The Airportexpress is connected to my DL1608, and Master Fader worked Ok on docked IPad.
The myfader on my iphone connects and works but loses connection in 20 seconds, and need a reconnection.
The Airport Express has blinking amber. Is it normal? (I suppose so -since the internet is not connected to the WAN)
Should I turn off (in my Iphone) the Settings/General/Celluar to off -- to help my situation?
The Airplay gets connected OK but drops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 07:12:27 PM »
If it's the old Airport Express, it's not a great choice for a DL router. Here's some tips.

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/downloads/support/DL1608_Old_AirPort_Express_Setup.pdf

Ram

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
No, it is the latest Airport Express!
-Ram

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »
You should set up the router with no WAN
If in doubt ask

Ram

• Padawan
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »
Thanks!
Is there a different setup of airport express I must follow- if I don't use the WAN?

I use the WAN at home (from another router at home)- so that I connect to internet thru this airport express at home.
I take the airport express as such to my sound venue to connect to DL1608 for wireless Myfader access.
I had thought that it would work seamlessly- and I don't need to change the airport setup differently.

So my question is what do I need to change in the configuration of the airport express- if I don't have anything connected to WAN at my sound venue.

Thanks.

-Ram

Pienuts

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
Is there a way to connect your iPhone to the DL through wifi but keep internet available through 3G? It seems like something which should be possible...

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 01:12:28 AM »
Is there a way to connect your iPhone to the DL through wifi but keep internet available through 3G? It seems like something which should be possible...
iOs is designed to prefer wifi data so as not to burn cellular data that people pay for by the MB.

Pienuts

• Youngling
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »
I get that it's designed that way by default; I was wondering if there were any hidden settings somewhere which might make it possible.
Does nobody else have the problem of not being able to freely access the internet from devices connected to the DL? Or are we all just resigned to dealing with it?

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »
I used this utility to set mine up, with the help of Mackie phone support. I don't know if this pertains to your issue, but I now get a steady green light when my Airport Express boots up:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-utility/id427276530?mt=8

Pienuts

• Youngling
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
I haven't been able to test this yet, but I found this answer from
https://discussions.apple.com/message/16567046#16567046 :

"1. Connect to what you need to over WiFi (I did it for iPad 2 AirPlay mirroring to Apple TV).

2. Go to iPad's WiFi settings and tap on the ">" button to the right of the Router's name (SSID) to get to detailed settings.

3. Remember IP Address and Mask for DHCP tab, then tap on the Static tab and enter the same data in two 1st lines.

Now connect over 3G - all is working.

Explanation:

All WiFi settings are neded in order for Apple devices to see each other over WiFi and initiate connection. Then only ip is needed to continue exchanging the data. With static configuration not having router/DNS info, iPad can't use WiFi for internet, so it goes over 3G."

As soon as I can confirm, I'll let you guys know. Unless someone can do it sooner!  ;)