Author Topic: FAQ: Enable AirPlay Receive On Your Docked iDevice  (Read 14083 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
FAQ: Enable AirPlay Receive On Your Docked iDevice
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:31:57 PM »
This lets you send music from your wireless iPad/iPhone/iPod to the DL1608's iPad channel!
This DOES NOT require any jailbreaking. The docked device must be one that can play audio through the iPad channel such as any iPad or an iPod Touch 4th gen or above. Later iPhones should work too, probably any that supports iOS 6 or above.

First install this free app on the docked iDevice:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airfoil-speakers-touch/id311357351

Then install the demo version of this on your PC or Mac:
http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer

Download this file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8657343/com.rogueamoeba.airfoilspeakerstouch.plist

In iExplorer put it here:
Under your iDevice:
"Apps", "Speakers", "Library", "Preferences"
There should be two other .plist files there.

With AirFoil running on the docked iDevice try sending it music from another iDevice or iTunes on your PC via AirPlay - you may have to use help or Google as to how to use AirPlay in the music app.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:16:59 PM by RoadRanger »

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: FAQ: Enable AirPlay Receive On Your Docked iDevice
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 02:24:52 AM »
With AirFoil running on the docked iDevice try sending it music from another iDevice or iTunes on your PC via AirPlay - you may have to use help or Google as to how to use AirPlay in the music app.

While Airfoil used to work with Airplay, Apple nixed that. It now only works from Airfoil on a Mac or PC. Airfloat is a jailbreak app that has variously worked or not worked as iOS has changed. It's not working at the moment. On the other hand, a free app called AirPlayServer just showed up in Cydia, and I'm playing music from iTunes on my laptop to the first gen iPad in my DL as I type this. Apple abandoned the 1st gen iPads at iOS 5.1.1, and they were out of production before the library of congress changed their mind. They're all out of warranty. Jailbreaking them is legal, trivially easy, and there is no downside whatsoever.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:53:07 AM »
While Airfoil used to work with Airplay, Apple nixed that. It now only works from Airfoil on a Mac or PC.
Not true - Did you actually read the entire post? I have Airfoil on my non-jailbroken iPad 2 working with AirPlay just fine :) .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:03:38 AM by RoadRanger »

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »
Silly me. I believed Rogue Amoeba when they said they took that functionality out. Your plist puts it back. Cool. Testing now.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:04:23 PM »
What they did was not let new users do the in-app purchase that enables it - but left it enabled for users who already bought it 8) .