Author Topic: FAQ: Use Airport Express to Stream Break Music Wirelessly from iPad to DL1608  (Read 27502 times)

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
I thought he DL meds to be connected to a router's LAN port, and the Express only has a WAN connection?

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
I thought he DL meds to be connected to a router's LAN port, and the Express only has a WAN connection?

The Express has both WAN and LAN connections

prosoundco guy

• Padawan

I see an Ehernet port, USB, and an optical digital/ analogue mini plug jack. I thought the Ethernet port was a wan connection, or am I missing something?

prosoundco guy

• Padawan

I see an Ehernet port, USB, and an optical digital/ analogue mini plug jack. I thought the Ethernet port was a wan connection, or am I missing something?
Are you guys talking about the airport express base station, or the smaller ap express that has the foldable, built in AC plugs? I see the base station has two ports but not the smaller unit

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
The one with the built in plug is the old model. The express was changed in 2012. The older on does not work with the dl because of the port issue. There was a posted workaround but it worked like shit.

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
The one with the built in plug is the old model. The express was changed in 2012. The older on does not work with the dl because of the port issue. There was a posted workaround but it worked like shit.
Thanx for the info. Suddenly, it all makes sense!