Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Speakers

DLM Series

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dtg77:
I finally got a chance to test them and didn't like them at all. I am looking for a good quality powered speaker for smaller gigs I really wanted to like the mackie speakers too.

Has anyone checked out the new ev range ? Cheap as hell and to me sounded better than the mackie

troy mcclure:
I just ordered a system, based on someone I trusts recommendation...  I really needed something that was small, I hope it fits the bill.

troy mcclure:
So my DLM  system arrived they sound great for the size and weight.  I have only used them on vocals and kick and recorded music.  I suspect that the QSC K series would have been a better bet but at a much bigger size and price point .  To give you an idea how small these are... the tops and subs fit on the back seat of my Small hatch back with enough room left for my 210 bass cab.  I spoke to a guy who beta tested these for Mackie and he told me they are really more like a 1100 watt peak rather than the 2000 watt rating. 

gerenm63:
I've used the K10s in a good-sized room, and they really rock -- I used a pair of them as mains with an older Mackie 18" powered sub. The K10 acts like most everyone elses 12". But, they're heavy and expensive. If the Mackies are half as good, though, they're probably a great choice.

I just loaded my car (Hyundai Elantra Touring) for a sound gig tonight. Two Peavey 15" mains, two subs, four small monitor wedges, amps, cables, etc. I'm gonna need to get a bigger car!

gerenm63:
Just looked online at pricing ... knowing the QSCs ... For most small to medium rooms, a 3-5 piece band with reasonable stage volume could probably live quite happily with a pair of K10s for tops and a single K-Sub, and come away with something that sounds great and would cost less than than two DLM 12" tops and two DLM 12" subs. The K10s also make killer powered monitors.

Man, I wish someone had a chunk of change to hand me....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version