Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

AUX channels issues

<< < (3/5) > >>

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: prosoundco guy on May 01, 2013, 09:19:00 PM ---
Can't imagine a situation where I would want to change the EQ  or comp settings in a FOH mix and have that effect a monitor mix also.

--- End quote ---

I can - Kick drum channel in the drum monitor - I've found that the drummer likes the EQ the same as the house EQ.

On vocals, just be very careful about adding high's, run the comp's sparingly and it will sound great.

I do nothing but loud, rock bands and the DL has retired my Mixwiz (and the 200 lbs of rack gear, snake, etc)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on May 02, 2013, 09:48:35 PM ---I can - Kick drum channel in the drum monitor - I've found that the drummer likes the EQ the same as the house EQ.
--- End quote ---
Yes, this is why it's important to have the aux tap point selectable per-channel. Unfortunately many mixers cheese out and make the tap point selection per-aux and not per-channel within that aux :( .

Ampli:
Hi all
Another way of using compression on more vocals is to make a 'sub group' using the aux (if u got one over)
If u have 4 singers dont mix them on the l r layer  (leave al faders down)
But use an aux to mix them, use the auxoutput compressor to group compress then route the auxoutput to a channel in ,and open this channel on the l r.
Greetz Marco

Jerrylee:
Ampli, apparently you don't own a dl1608.

Ampli:
Known it longer jerry youre an as***
Yes i own one and tryed this it works
You only need to be very care full

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version