Author Topic: AUX channels issues  (Read 18220 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: AUX channels issues
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 05:00:43 AM »
Maybe ampli because you English is sh-t you don't know how to explain yourself. But based on what you actually said you are completely wrong or totally confused. Unless of course you left something out. As far as the aux channel goes there is no aux compressor and cannot be routed to an input channel. But if you meant use an external compressor connected to an aux and then to a channel then yes this is possible. But that is not what you actually said.

And here is an easier way to accomplish this. (This might also be what you meant too). You can just connect a cable from the aux out to an input. Mix 4 mics with the aux as a sub group. Then use the inputs channel compressor and send that to the mains. But this is still not what you said.

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 07:05:24 AM »
"Re: AUX channels issues
« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:00:43 AM »
Maybe ampli because you English is sh-t you don't know how to explain yourself. But based on what you actually said you are completely wrong or totally confused. Unless of course you left something out. As far as the aux channel goes there is no aux compressor and cannot be routed to an input channel. But if you meant use an external compressor connected to an aux and then to a channel then yes this is possible. But that is not what you actually said.

And here is an easier way to accomplish this. (This might also be what you meant too). You can just connect a cable from the aux out to an input. Mix 4 mics with the aux as a sub group. Then use the inputs channel compressor and send that to the mains. But this is still not what you said."

@JerryLee

What he does will work perfectly :
Mix 4 vocals on an aux set to Pre (and not sending them to mains) ,use the Compressor on the Aux out ,return on a channel that is send to mains. He could also use the compressor on the return channel

If in doubt ask

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 09:05:11 AM »
Yes my english is not good ( not my native l)
Every aux has an compressor . And yes i forgot to mention the routing goes by jack jack or jack xlr cable ( thought people with a mind would get this)
I use it and it works
@jerry do you have an dl and experince in mixing??????
Gr marco
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:13:35 AM by Ampli »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »
Here is a big question I have. Where the heck is the comp/limiter on the aux? I have never used it and if its there I cannot find it. Is it not available off line?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 02:01:57 PM »
Here is a big question I have. Where the heck is the comp/limiter on the aux? I have never used it and if its there I cannot find it. Is it not available off line?
Go to the aux's GEQ and swipe it down. It's tricky, you have to swipe using the narrow grey area at the top of the GEQ. I wish it was a button instead of this hard to figure out swipe :( .

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »
Go to the aux's GEQ and swipe it down. It's tricky, you have to swipe using the narrow grey area at the top of the GEQ. I wish it was a button instead of this hard to figure out swipe :( .

Whoa, there it is! I never knew there was a compressor hidden in the aux channels!

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
And thre is one on the mains too  :)
If in doubt ask

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »
And thre is one on the mains too  :)

I knew the mains had one. I never thought to look for it in the Auxes!  :facepalm:

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »

Can't imagine a situation where I would want to change the EQ  or comp settings in a FOH mix and have that effect a monitor mix also.

I can - Kick drum channel in the drum monitor - I've found that the drummer likes the EQ the same as the house EQ.

On vocals, just be very careful about adding high's, run the comp's sparingly and it will sound great.

I do nothing but loud, rock bands and the DL has retired my Mixwiz (and the 200 lbs of rack gear, snake, etc)

Took some getting used to but the gig did work out well. That was my proof of concept gig to see if it would, in fact, be a viable alternative to my larger SL 24.4.2. Definitely was. Let's see, do I bring a The SL pushing 80 pounds in its road case, attaché the cargo carrier on the trailer hitch on the Rodeo, to have room for it, or put the 12 pound DL in  a bag over my shoulder? Hmmmmmmm