Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

AUX channels issues

<< < (5/5)

Trshot:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 05, 2013, 02:01:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jerrylee on May 05, 2013, 11:03:26 AM ---Here is a big question I have. Where the heck is the comp/limiter on the aux? I have never used it and if its there I cannot find it. Is it not available off line?
--- End quote ---
Go to the aux's GEQ and swipe it down. It's tricky, you have to swipe using the narrow grey area at the top of the GEQ. I wish it was a button instead of this hard to figure out swipe :( .

--- End quote ---

Whoa, there it is! I never knew there was a compressor hidden in the aux channels!

Topsøe:
And thre is one on the mains too  :)

Trshot:

--- Quote from: Topsøe on May 05, 2013, 08:57:25 PM ---And thre is one on the mains too  :)

--- End quote ---

I knew the mains had one. I never thought to look for it in the Auxes!  :facepalm:

prosoundco guy:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on May 02, 2013, 09:48:35 PM ---

--- Quote from: prosoundco guy on May 01, 2013, 09:19:00 PM ---
Can't imagine a situation where I would want to change the EQ  or comp settings in a FOH mix and have that effect a monitor mix also.

--- End quote ---

I can - Kick drum channel in the drum monitor - I've found that the drummer likes the EQ the same as the house EQ.

On vocals, just be very careful about adding high's, run the comp's sparingly and it will sound great.

I do nothing but loud, rock bands and the DL has retired my Mixwiz (and the 200 lbs of rack gear, snake, etc)

--- End quote ---

Took some getting used to but the gig did work out well. That was my proof of concept gig to see if it would, in fact, be a viable alternative to my larger SL 24.4.2. Definitely was. Let's see, do I bring a The SL pushing 80 pounds in its road case, attaché the cargo carrier on the trailer hitch on the Rodeo, to have room for it, or put the 12 pound DL in  a bag over my shoulder? Hmmmmmmm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version