Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Microphones

(1/4) > >>

RoadRanger:
What do yous guys use for mics? I have four EV N/D767A's and three EV PL80A's for vocals. I also have eight EV PL series tom/instrument mics and two of their kick mics. I also have a seven piece Nady dum mic set I had before getting the EV mics with four tom/snare mics, a kick mic, and two small diaphragm condenser mics - plus another three piece set that I usually use on the amps - the kick mic on the bass cab if mic'd and the two tom mics on the guitar cabs. Oh, and four Nady SP1 mics w/switches I basically got for free with some mic stand packages - I use them for talkback and announcements. Plus one rarely used SM58 x(.

For wireless I have a Line 6 XD-V70 mic, plus a Nady VHF mic w/dual diversity receiver, and a couple Gemini mics I've never used. I also have a couple Nady guitar transmitters and four Galaxy AS900 IEM systems. Unfortunately all my Nady wireless is on the same channel so I can only use one at a time :facepalm: .

jlb:
Drums:

Miktek PM11, e 602, ATM 25 kick drum depends on drum tuning and music. The Miktek makes it possible to get even the shittiest drums to sound decent.

D2 toms
57 snare
AKG 430 overheads

Instrument mics:

E 609
57's

Vocals:

58's
E 935's

WK154:
The infamous loaded question. My environment is stage and studio, yours I gather is Bar and Nightclub gigs. I have over 80 mics (don't ask!). I would venture that your better off with dynamics all around. My wife is the ear in the family and it aggravates me when she picks a Joe Meek $30 SD over my Neumann KMS 105's on A/B tests. The moral of the story is that it's a opinionated personal choice. I always wanted to try a EV767a but I'll resist. On dynamics my go to's are OM2, AKG 880 (old version), and my new acquisition Bob Heil's Pr35. Wireless it's Sennheiser 835's  and GTD 787.  Sure I have Shure's.

CyberHippy:
I've become a big fan of Heil mics lately, I have a PR40 at my desk now for Skyping with customers and doing lesson videos at my day job.

My live collection:

4 Heil PR22's
1 Heil PR20
1 Heil PR35
1 Blue Encore 100
1 Blue Encore 300
2 Beyer M88's
1 Telefunken M80
2 Sure SM57's
2 Sennheiser e609, 1e906, 3 e604
1 AKG D112
2 AKG C1000
2 Audio Technica 4041

I also have that el-cheapo CAD "Pro-7" drum mic set that is surprisingly useful in a pinch, only used it once so far.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: CyberHippy on March 25, 2013, 04:33:44 PM ---I also have that el-cheapo CAD "Pro-7" drum mic set that is surprisingly useful in a pinch, only used it once so far.
--- End quote ---
That was a "Stupid Deal of the Day" at Musician's Friend a couple days ago for $100. I bought my two 5 piece sets of EV PL series drum mics for $100 each on a "Stupid Deal of the Day" last year and the three PL80a's for $150 from them on a "buy one get two free" deal 8) . Two of my N/D 767a's were new but the other two I bought slightly used for $50 each from a local that switched to all OM5's .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version