Author Topic: Modified SKB Studio Flyer Case for DL1608  (Read 16915 times)

Fozadabo

• Youngling
Re: Modified SKB Studio Flyer Case for DL1608
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 05:07:17 AM »
I'd certainly be willing to tackle this project again.  If anyone is interested send me a message and perhaps we can work something out.  We in the sound world have a deep well of hidden talents and it's fun to be able to help out your fellow species.

Kruemel

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
Hi Fozadabo,

many thanks for your inspiration.

I orderd a used SKB Studio Flyer 4U case yesterday. If it is arrived, I will try to start the case modding.

I do not understand everything in your posts (because I'm only a stupid German --- or because I'm only a bass player  ::)).
Do you have a short list of material you have used? As I can remember it is only the 1/2" wood at both sides of the case and the same for the bevel under the DL1608? Of course some screws and colour  ;D

How did you fix the DL on the bevel? Was "hook-and-loop tape" your friend?

Do you know if there is enough room left under the DL1608 for some cables? If yes, I will try to change something:
Why not having a tiltable bevel? So we can use the space under the DL for cables, microfones,....

If this would be possible, only a hinge has to be used for fitting the bavel to the piece of wood at the first site of the case and some kind of a fastener at the other side.

This action gives us in addition the possibility to work on the existing wiring of the other included hardware without dismounting something.
What do you think?

If I wasn't able to explain in a understandable way, please feel free to ask and correct my English  :-[

Kruemel

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:16:49 PM by Kruemel »
Sorry....I can't understand....I'm only playing the bass!

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »
I'd certainly be willing to tackle this project again.  If anyone is interested send me a message and perhaps we can work something out.  We in the sound world have a deep well of hidden talents and it's fun to be able to help out your fellow species.

That is an amazing offer.  Let me look this over again and see what parts would and wouldn't need then I will PM you to say hello.

Chris

waxout

• Initiate
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »
This is awesome... I modified a similar case by road runner.  It works and it's really lightwieght, but offers virtually no protection to the DL