Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (22/42) > >>

vadim2012:
Hello!
If the company is having difficulty in removing the key problems, there will be a sensation - to withdraw the product all over the world for the assistance!

Mikeboltz111:
Yea that's what I meant to say prefade eq dynamics, if I can get this I wouldn't need any other feature update.

Mixfix:

--- Quote from: Mikeboltz111 on July 23, 2013, 12:33:50 PM ---Yea that's what I meant to say prefade eq dynamics, if I can get this I wouldn't need any other feature update.

--- End quote ---
I am a bit surprised that it didn't seem like an obvious feature they could have easily implemented at conception with little effort and the absence of this makes me question the competence of the development team. It seems like they need some better experienced audio engineers or maybe simply actually try and test the thing in real situations where stuff like this would become obvious real fast.

ijpengelly:
It has been discussed quite extensively, but I suspect the reason they haven't done it is because most "entry level" mixing desks have post EQ post insert Aux sends. Even the Onyx 24.4 I had only had internal jumpers to bypass the EQ for the Aux sends. If you wanted dynamics that meant adding it at a group level to avoid it affecting the aux sends.

I agree that it is something that could have easily been implemented in the first pass, but I guess they didn't see it as high on the list as other elements. Also I think people are making more of an issue of it than it actually is, perhaps because they are overusing the dynamics or aren't setting up monitors particularly well. I've done some challenging gigs and had very few issues with feedback due to either element and the people on the business end of the monitors have typically been very happy with the output they are getting.

Anyway, for everyones' sanity, lets hope they do an update and address at least a few of the top issues.  :D

Ampli:
I havent problem with the dynamics
I use simply if enough free channels y cord to split the lead singers and sometimes the background singers
Then u have separated eq gate and compressor for the main and monitors
Would be nice to have this funtion in the mixer. (Adding virtual channels) but probely not possible due lack of processing power

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version