Author Topic: Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation  (Read 126116 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
Mute groups is a decision maker between these two?  Why would you not take the x32 rack?  Price alone? or are there other feature deficiencies when compared to the DL?
I already own the DL1608. I can put up with manual trims but my #1 hate is the lack of a master FX mute like the MixWiz has. OTOH if I was buying next month when (hopefully) both V2.0 is out and the X32 Rack is shipping I'd probably go with the X32 Rack for the extra channels and ability to rackmount in a shallow rack. YMMV

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 05:47:20 PM »
Wk the current dl will never work for multitrack recording or audiobus. The limitation is in the DLs hardware. Rr I can just about guarantee that the mute groups will be for channels and not effects. Jkow the behringer has everything the dl has and a ton more.

Wk I do not have my tracking number yet because my dl will be going away just before I get the rack. The $ from the dl will be paying for the rack. I need to wait so that it's done in the shortest time possible. So I need to see the rack in stock before I complete everything.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »
In the UK the cost of upgrading to the X32 Rack will be around £7-800 (I wouldn't expect to get more than £5-600 for my 11 month old DL1608) that's a big chunk of cash. There will be advantages to the X32 but if I decide to change I'll probably wait 'till the next tranche of digital mixers come around, buy a used X32 Rack and let somebody else take the financial hit.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2013, 07:41:27 PM »
Wk the current dl will never work for multitrack recording or audiobus. The limitation is in the DLs hardware.

Wow!! I now have a marketing droid and his legal beagle telling me my business of 50yrs. Really counselor where's the proof. Hearsay oh oh.
If you consider the dual processors in the DL there's more than enough horsepower for such a menial task. The Tuna will handle it all by itself and not break a sweat.
The only way it will never happen is by decree on Mackie's part. Then there's that nagging question of why the request hasn't been rejected in the desired features list.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:43:40 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
Rr I can just about guarantee that the mute groups will be for channels and not effects.
The FX are treated as channels presently so I believe you're wrong - but we'll see :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »
If you consider the dual processors in the DL there's more than enough horsepower for such a menial task. The Tuna will handle it all by itself and not break a sweat.
The only way it will never happen is by decree on Mackie's part. Then there's that nagging question of why the request hasn't been rejected in the desired features list.
Well damn, I have to agree with you here :) . I predict that Mackie will "suddenly" find a way around their "supposed" limitation as I'm pretty sure they want to survive in this market ;) . And I'll re-iterate that I read that multitrack is a licensing limitation, not a true hardware limitation.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
Quote from: RoadRanger
Quote from: Jerrylee
Rr I can just about guarantee that the mute groups will be for channels and not effects.
The FX are treated as channels presently so I believe you're wrong - but we'll see :) .
Shit your kind of right. I forgot that the effects are actually channels. But why not just hit mute on the channel?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:57:49 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2013, 08:53:10 PM »
But why not just hit mute on the channel?
Because they are only visible if you're scrolled all the way to the right. I'm hoping the mute group buttons will be fixed at the top of the screen in all that presently wasted space. It'd be nice to have a tap tempo up there too :) . I'd like the FX mute to be visible on the EQ and dynamics (and all other) screens too in case I'm fiddling with something but this would be a good start :) . Strangely enough the FX mute on the MixWiz is always visible no matter what you're adjusting ;) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2013, 01:33:10 AM »
YAWR (Yet Another Wacky Rumor) :
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=512228085533636&id=440051199417992
Note that is NOT an official Mackie Facebook page.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:35:00 AM by RoadRanger »

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »
Whoa, looks like we drifted a little off topic LOL  :police:

Anyway, has anyone updated to iOS7 yet?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
Anyway, has anyone updated to iOS7 yet?
Yes. I had to delete and reload "Voice Record Pro" on both my iPads as it wouldn't start at all on one and got all wonky on the other. One thing I notice is there is now no way to force stop apps? :(

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »
Force stop app by double clicking and sliding up the app. Can do more than one at a time too.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2013, 12:18:28 AM »
Force stop app by double clicking and sliding up the app. Can do more than one at a time too.
Thanks! :)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2013, 05:10:32 AM »
OK, I am going to give iOS7 a go and see whether she flies this weekend :-)