Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (2/42) > >>

Nottoodeaf:
Never was on my list before, but a master fader for the auxes (or DCA to link them) would be nice.  I was running five monitor mixes when some feedback slipped in.  Swiping through 5 pages and pulling back faders while the feedback continued was excruciating.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Nottoodeaf on March 28, 2013, 04:13:29 PM ---Never was on my list before, but a master fader for the auxes (or DCA to link them) would be nice.  I was running five monitor mixes when some feedback slipped in.  Swiping through 5 pages and pulling back faders while the feedback continued was excruciating.
--- End quote ---
What I want is a page of all the masters like the iX16 will have :) .

Nottoodeaf:
That would do it...just one swipe and a five finger pull.

LeeSteel:
I believe those are my top 5 also RR!  :) :)

Kevin:

--- Quote ---That would do it...just one swipe and a five finger pull.
--- End quote ---

True, although that's a fairly blunt tool for dealing with feedback - but you raise a good point. Dealing with feedback is a bit of a weak spot on the DL. Generally you can see the swell in the input level and its usually the closest monitor to the mic but not always. It would be nice to have some integrated RTA indicators. AFAIK the only solution now is to be really aggressive on ringing out the monitors and try not to change EQ or dynamics too much during the show (although sometimes its inevitable).

Personally, I'd be happy with the user group's top 5, although I would swap #4 for Roadrunner's #4. Also, the ability to hear the solo output remotely would be handy.

Most of the features I'd like to see would require new hardware - which I hope is in the works, but not getting too much attention until Mackie smooths out some of the wrinkles in the existing DL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version