Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (15/42) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on May 29, 2013, 07:50:28 AM ---Master Fader lets you move as many faders as you have on the screen (as long as you have enough fingers)  ::)

--- End quote ---
Actually the limit is three unless you disable "Multitasking Gestures" in General Settings. Mackie recommends that you do that, I've chosen not to (I forget why).

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on May 29, 2013, 07:50:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jkowtko on May 29, 2013, 05:49:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 29, 2013, 03:39:26 AM ---The iPad does let you move up to four faders at once, no big deal to move a pair.
--- End quote ---

Not easy when you are holding the iPad with your hands to the side and using either thumb for quick changes.

And try moving two aux masters in unison ...

--- End quote ---

Master Fader lets you move as many faders as you have on the screen (as long as you have enough fingers)  ::)

--- End quote ---

Yes, I know that.  The point of stereo linking (among other things) is to eliminate the need to move two independent faders in unison when they always operate in unison.   I don't know about you, but none of my fingers are the same length.  So in order to grab a pair of faders and move them together with any accuracy I have to position my hand at a weird angle on the iPad.  Which messes up my general handling of the iPad.

I didn't say it couldn't be done ... I said it's a pain in the butt ...

And, for stereo auxes, it can't be done -- you have to switch screens.  Therefore the restriction to mono FOH when you are doing stereo recording on a separate mix.

thedrums:
Break button....Just sayin'.

Nottoodeaf:
Monitor feedback...which one?  I'll just page through all six auxes while the guilty monitor screams.   A Master Page...I'm just sayin'.

Nottoodeaf:
And by the way, if Mackie can give us an 8 channel DL for a couple of hundred dollars less than the 1608, can they give me a 24 channel DL for a couple of hundred bucks more?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version