Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (16/42) > >>

vballDrummer:
WANT --> Open Source the Master Fader code - we'll add tremendous value and sales to the DL

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on May 29, 2013, 03:19:10 AM --- Another show with the DL ... man, I sure hope they add stereo input and aux linking in the next release ... for every show I do this is a real pain in the butt  >:( ... at least with a hard control surface you can tape adjoining faders together ... can't do anything on an iScreen ... :|

--- End quote ---

I've been told by Mackie that two of the top features in the next release (1.5) will be channel linking and iPad input gain control. I don't know what else they will have in store.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 20, 2013, 08:26:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: JMc on May 20, 2013, 06:58:29 PM ---Hi, I'm new here.  My "want" is simple, but probably impossible.  I'd like to be able to record on my iPad off one or more of the monitor sends rather than off the mains, so I can control the recording mix better.  My band mates prefer to use their own amps on guitar, bass and keys, running only the acoustic, drums and vocals through the mains to the PA, so obviously, recording a show like that blows.  Thank you and thank you for making this forum available since Mackie bagged their own forum.

--- End quote ---
Once they implement stereo auxes it will be simple to just use a stereo aux for the PA and use the main L&R just for recording :) . I suspect it wouldn't be too hard for Mackie to switch the iPad recording to a pair of auxes too, quite a few folks have expressed a desire for that :).

--- End quote ---

My work around on this issue is to mic up the amps (which I do for our guitarist and bassist). I would run them straight into the board but they say they don't get the same tonality (characteristic) they would from their amps. If you don't need all your aux sends for monitors, then run them into an audio interface like a Focusrite Sapphire and use an iPad app like Auria to record. Jeff, I too can't use LR even mic'ing up their amps because they tend to turn up their amps causing the stage to be already too hot.  Even without recording, this can be an issue.  This is the age old issue with controlling the stage volume so it doesn't overpower the house mix. Multi-track will not be a feature in the DL1608 (hardware prohibited). This has been confirmed by the Mackie PM (Ben) when I saw him at the NAMM show. I was looking at the Behringer iX16 which will support multitrack through your favorite DAW but that means you will have to lug around a laptop with your DAW software loaded. I used my solution above to record a show back in April consisting of a pianist, bassist, vocalist and room mic for ambient room recording. Worked out pretty well.  I did take back the Sapphire because I don't like the way they do their hardware interfacing (i.e. would rather have all combo XLR's versus SPIDIF, RCA, ADAT, etc as my inputs).

sam.spoons:
The simplest way (and well documented on the forums) is to run FOH from one aux in mono (much debated here also) and record from the L/R onto the iPad.  8)

RoadRanger:
September?
http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Live-Sound-Production/Strange-Problem-With-DL1608-I-think/m-p/35599895#M408117

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version