Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (18/42) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on June 22, 2013, 02:05:02 PM ---My question would be ... Why so long for the release?  Didn't Beno say that 1.4 was a big refactoring release, laying the groundwork to implement all those features we have been waiting for patiently since 1.3?
--- End quote ---
Hopefully the delay is because there are going to be a boatload of changes. Pre-EQ and dynamics auxes, stereo linked inputs and outputs, master FX mute, bigger or repositioned mutes, an "all outputs" page, iPad record and playback level controls, more FX (chorus?). Who knows how much they can cram into V1.5 :) ? Hopefully they can be somewhat competitive with the Behringer iX16 when it comes out soon :( .

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on June 22, 2013, 02:08:24 PM ---Weird, that link I posted should jump right to the relevant post - it does on both Internet Explorer and Chrome here?

--- End quote ---
I was in bed with my (w)iphone ;)
Like the bit about the ix16 out soon :lol:
Reaching for the tin hat again........

ijpengelly:
I helped a friend out at the weekend at a charity music festival and got the chance to use the software for the Yamaha LS9/32 on the iPad. My friend had front of house and I was doing the monitor mixes on the stage. It was interesting to see how they present information to the user and how you access channels and various other features. Now, obviously the LS9 is a much more feature rich mixer, so to be able to access things requires a bit more than scrolling side to side (which incidentally it doesn't do :-) ). So a few more buttons to press to get to the desired channel and output, but there were some good things about this, like:

- Output masters page,
- Little overviews at the top for the various groups of inputs and outputs which showed level and fader positions,
- Long faders option, for better fine control
- Parametric or graphic EQ on outputs
- Linked faders (though I didn't see how you set those on the iPad, they were done from the desk)

Its also interesting to note that in a similar way to MasterFader, I also had some issues with latency and drop out at times. It was hard to pin down what was causing it, as there was no clear pattern of position or number of people between me and the router.

Overall, there majority of what I found was what has been requested in MasterFader 1.5 and whilst I enjoyed the differences, it didn't make me think that the Mackie interface was significantly worse or better, just that it has some room for improvement which would make life easier on occassion.

nottooloud:
LS9 is my main mixer, and I've used their app, StageMix, from the minute it came out. The dropouts are part app, part OS. There are specific settings on the iPad wifi page that help, and they're different depending on which version of iOS you're running.

There are many things that Mackie does better than Yamaha. The Yamaha mixers won't support multiple control devices, it's strictly 1 iPad at a time, and that's a mixer architecture thing. The channel scrolling that you mentioned. Automatic resync after backgrounding. Control of dynamics and effects processors.

Jkowtko:
"Computerization" is relatively new in this industry, so in a sense it levels the playing field amongst vendors.  Digital boards are really no exception since they require a totally different kind of programming than PC or Mac apps.  At this point I think vendor success will heavily depend on who they hire to design and write the code

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version