Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V2.0 Wants and Speculation

<< < (20/42) > >>

sam.spoons:
I'm thinking of the Master Fader app, I realise the DL can't be controlled by midi but if the Master Fader app could interact with a midi control protocol you could use a hardware midi control surface (like, say, Garage Band on the iPad can receive midi data over USB from a keyboard) to control the MF app and let all coms be between MF and the DL. I doubt Mackie will do it as they don't make a budget midi control surface but it could be a winner if it's possible.

Mixfix:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on April 06, 2013, 08:00:58 AM ---I'd be willing to donate to a pool for someone to buy and investigate the innards of a DL, and or MF.
--- End quote ---
Funny, I was thinking of somthing along same lines myself. We should see how many of us are interested in investing in somthing and go from there.
 I am down to throw in!

WK154:
As of 7/17/13 the top request from the Mackie site is as follows:

Channel Linking / Grouping and  Make a Stereo channel
Please add the ability to link channels together. Stereo pairs are critical, but offering true multi-channel grouping would be amazing
1,550 votes
Combine two mono channels into a stereo pair so they appear on one fader like the current iPad channel.
401 votes  The two top requests by far the most wanted with 1,951 requests
Parametric EQ options on all outputs
I would like to be able to select this option. It makes it real easy to filter out monitor mix feedback. And set a nice sounding eq
1,374 votes
Remove unused channels.
Get rid of all the clutter when not using all 16 faders. If I'm using 5 channels that's all I want to see.
939 votes
RTA overlayed on of the GEQ  and  Small simple spectrum analysis over 31-band graphic EQ's
For each of the GEQ's can you overlay a RTA on top of the GEQ display ? That way you can see which frequency band is causing feedback issues.
367 votes + 254 votes for a total of 621 votes
Add Break Switch
Many Mackie mixer's have a Break Switch making it easy to mute the mains and returns in between sets. In Master Fader, the break switch could mute all inputs and returns leaving only the iPad channel or a pair of user selectable input channels.
594 votes
Intergrate iPad music playback controls
At the top have a play, pause, next, prev, ff, rr button. When playing music with an iPad either docked, or streaming through express, it would be nice to have the controls available. This way we wouldn't have to double click or exit program to get to the controls. It would be super helpful especially when it comes to play and pause.
503 votes
Pre Fader Options
Please consider a pre/post DSP option for the pre send (i.e. pre/post compression, gate, eq).
It is much easier to get greater gain before feedback in monitors when the aux send taps the signal before the compression and gate. This is a very practical real world application.
315 votes
Delay on outputs
To drive separate delay stacks without the need of external delay's
297 votes
Stereo Aux buss
For IEM's etc.
289 votes
MONO OUT for a single (1) sub with (2) stereo tops. Aux 6? Not same as crossover idea. Just MONO.
I often use my system with just one subwoofer and two tops running in stereo. I probably do this more than I use two subs. The presonus board I already sold for the mackie had 3 main outs, 2 for left/right and a mono out that I used for my sub. They both actually have their own gain control. Can we use aux 6 to mirror all main signals and use the channel fader as a type of gain? And then if I raise or lower the main volume the aux channel 6 moves relative to the main signal, but…
249 votes

16 channel recording and playback..   and  ANDROID were among the top  requests but deleted for obvious reasons.

How many of these will we see in V1.5? Taking bets now!

Mikeboltz111:
If they added these options I'd never need to update again.  For me it's all about function, so prefader auxes is a must. Rta overlay, parametrics on outputs, delay, and built in x over and I'm in heaven!

Ampli:
Hi thougd that the separation of the main geq from stereo in l+r geq  or did they delete this one to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version