Author Topic: Meet the Mackie Sharks  (Read 3906 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Meet the Mackie Sharks
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
Just thought that another viewpoint of Mackie might put things into a different perspective than just harping on the forum shutdown or late delivery of software. A little history first. Back in the booming day's of Mackie circa 2002 they had 206 Million in sales but ended with 5 Million in the hole. Greg I guess was not happy with what he was doing and certainly not with the financials. Along came the Sharks Sun Capital Partners Inc. and offered him a way out in less than 30 days. He apparently took it and sold his company for 4 Million and 1.2 Million in penny stock options. I hope he exercised it ASAP and sold it while it had some value ($12-15). Today it's a penny stock. His company also had 50 Million in assets (equipment etc.). Corporate raiders like Sun Capital Partners Inc. will buy bargains such as this and strip it clean while collecting great salaries and other gold parachute bennies. Like sharks they'll strip the carcass to the bone. After all its not their monies but other investors cash their playing with, hence the LLC (Limited Liability Corporations.). They even split it out to Sun Mackie LLC. Lound which itself tried to play this game and destroyed EAW got payback. Now for the Players:

Mark Graham                    Chairman, President, and CEO
Case Kuehn          SVP and CFO                       
Rodney Olson          53    2008    Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
David Olson              54    2008    Chief Financial Officer
James Stewart           51    2008    Chief Operating Officer
Mark Kuchenrither     50    2007    Vice President, Assistant Secretary, Director
Jason Neimark           41    2005    Vice President, Director
Clarence Terry          64    2003    Vice President, Director
Kevin Calhoun          47    2006    Director
Jon Gacek                51    2002    Director
C. Daryl Hollis          66    2003    Director
George Rea              70    2003    Director
R. Lynn Skillen         55    2003    Director
Thomas Taylor         46    2007    Director

These are the people calling the shots at Mackie. Who are they and what are their backgrounds? Well you have 100% sharks in the form of accountants and efficiency experts that can make a company look good on the books. Do they have any interest in their product? Well check out their Bio's and you will see for yourself. There isn't a Greg amongst them. There is no passion for the product or the industry only the bottom line. Reuters take on the company and their board along with stock prices. With penny stock you don't really have to answer to your stockholders. 
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol=LTEC.PK
As I stated before and reiterate the best thing that can happen to Loud is to be bought out by the remaining employees and other non-Shark folks with a passion for this industry. I'll even invest, Oh I already did by buying a DL. I don't want to see them go under, competition is healthy and maintains a good price for everyone. My guess of an offer for the sharks would be a generous 1 Million anlets look at the parachutes.d
Your thoughts an opinions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:16:52 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
Re: Meet the Mackie Sharks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »
Hmm... maybe that explains the Mackie promo video. It's possible that as far as these guys know, that is how mixing a live show works.  All you need is the DL and some strong psychedelics.

Its too bad that Greg sold the company. I didnt realize that when I bought the DL. I still remember when I bought my first Mackie 18 years ago. The SR24-4 VLZ was a real game changer. Since then, it always at least appeared to me that Mackie was on the side of working musicians.

Fortunately, Mackie still apparantly has some great engineers. The DL1608 has its frustrating moments to use, but no doubt it is another industry game changer. I hope Mackie can hold on to the design team for the DL. I dont have any ill will towards their board, but I suspect that half these guys could walk and the company would be fine. OTOH if the DL lead engineer walks, we will all be SOL.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »
They have trimmed their staff significantly over those years and from what I understand morale is not great. I believe there down to a skeleton crew except in the accounting end. Their looking for an Oracle expert. BenO has been there based on his join date of the now defunct forum since 2001. He should have know Greg. Definitely a survivor.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
A while back I posted a link to an interview with Loud's CEO where he stated that Mackie's future growth was in the far east. Well here is the results.
http://www.mackie.com/enews/news-events/2014/07/mackie-resource-center-opens-in-jakarta/
So where is our "MRC" in the good old USA?
When in doubt KISS