Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

FAQ: Which iPad to Buy

(1/2) > >>

Yorgaki1:
I would like to upgrade my setup. Currently have a 32gb 1st generation. Would like to bump to 64gb. Apple has 3rd generation 30 pin wifi 64 gb refurbs for $549 and 4th gen 64gb new conector wifi for $649. Any reason I should spend the extra $100?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

George

RoadRanger:
What do you need 64 GB for ? I have 90 hours of music on my 16 GB iPad 2 and still have 5 GB free.

Obviously you need the 30 pin connector if you want to dock it to the DL1608. I have an iPad Mini with the "new" connector and it seems more durable and it's nice that you don't have figure out which side is which on the plug - it works either way 8) .

Yorgaki1:
I have about 30 gigs of mostly music plus apps. I play some out of town fetivals and would like to be able to record a substantial part of the gigs. I dont carry a laptop with me to off load the files. Plus I would like to be able to carry more music on the ipad.

Your thoughts between the 2 models?

RoadRanger:
How do you plan on getting that music into the DL1608 if you get the "new" connector? Are you keeping the old iPad as a backup so you'll have something to dock if the WiFi craps out?

Trshot:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on March 28, 2013, 01:51:01 AM ---How do you plan on getting that music into the DL1608 if you get the "new" connector? Are you keeping the old iPad as a backup so you'll have something to dock if the WiFi craps out?

--- End quote ---

RR, there is a $29 adapter you can buy, http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter
  You can still slide your iPad into the mixer however there will be about an inch offset to the right with the adapter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version