Author Topic: FAQ: iPod / iPhone Compatability  (Read 6619 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
FAQ: iPod / iPhone Compatability
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:10:36 PM »
We should all list any iPods or iPhones that we test with the docking connector for playback and recording.

Works :) :
iPhone 4S (and above ?)
6th gen iPod Nano (and above ?)
4th gen iPod Touch (and above ?)

Don't Work :( :
iPhone 4
5th gen iPod Video
5th gen iPod Nano
2nd gen iPod Touch
3rd gen iPod Touch
iPod Classic

Anybody else?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:02:19 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: FAQ: iPod / iPhone Compatability
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:47 PM »
Oh, and any lightning connector equipped iDevice should work with the Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »
6th gen nano works for playback only. Don't know about the rest of the nanos. But I don't know why playback wouldn't work.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:03:41 AM »
iPhone 5 with iOS8 works docked to DL1608 (30-pin version) with Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter cable. My Fader works and audio playback works.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »
iPhone 5 with iOS8 works docked to DL1608 (30-pin version) with Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter cable. My Fader works and audio playback works.
are you sure myfader isn't just working wirelessly at the same time it's "docked"? as i understand it, the audio playback works wired but not the control app.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »
are you sure myfader isn't just working wirelessly at the same time it's "docked"? as i understand it, the audio playback works wired but not the control app.
When a iPad/iPhone is docked no WiFi is involved, it's all done over the USB link. What needs to be checked regarding playback is the app your using. If it's Apple's it should be fine others need to be modified for iOS8 since the API for sound volume was changed. If you get no volume it's a good indication your app has not been changed.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 08:59:50 AM »
If what you're saying is correct WK, MyFader on a USB connected iPhone can control the DL without wifi? Never tried that, could be useful :)
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 02:17:22 PM »
MyFader is not capable of connecting to the DL via USB (the option is not available on the settings page). It will control the DL by WiFi even without an iPad running MasterFader connected (IIRC the original build needed an iPad running MF connected before it would function, I didn't test this though). Also iPhone 5S, when connected to my DL using a Lightning to 30 pin adapter doesn't charge or play music via the iPad channel. My iPod Touch 4th Gen does both those things.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 04:42:58 PM »
If what you're saying is correct WK, MyFader on a USB connected iPhone can control the DL without wifi? Never tried that, could be useful :)
As Sam stated and since I don't have any other iFruit devices to check a look at the supported protocols is a good idea. The USB feature may not be supported on all the devices. Not all Apple iPad/ iPhone/ iPod devices are created equal, although they all run iOS.
When in doubt KISS