Author Topic: my biggest wedgie is not being able to find posters from hc  (Read 12009 times)

goosefartfan

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
my biggest wedgie is not being able to find posters from hc
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »
It's amazing. there are people whose opinions I really valued.  And now that HC is basically gone, I missing them already.

I took for granted that people whose avatars signaled me to wake up and pay attention, especially in the BTSWTB forum. 

There's two that I particularly remember, but others that I don't, simply b/c their avatar isn't in front of me.  And I don't remember their login names!!

At least I remember BlueStrat!!

Does anyone remember the guy around 50 y.o., who had a avatar of the front of his face in B&W, maybe part of his name was Lee?? (no, not lee flier)

I'm grieving.........

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: my biggest wedgie is not being able to find posters from hc
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 01:30:08 PM »
It's amazing. there are people whose opinions I really valued.  And now that HC is basically gone, I missing them already. [...] I'm grieving.........
Hopefully folks will check into HC just to tell everybody where they went off to  :-\.

goosefartfan

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
yeah.......

but you're a good example of what I wrote about!

I remember your avatar, but not your username! (at this point I realize that this forum doesn't have a facepalm emoticon!)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »
I remember your avatar, but not your username! (at this point I realize that this forum doesn't have a facepalm emoticon!)
I'll try to add one today :).

EDIT> They're (added "thumbs up" too 8)) not quite the same as the other smileys :facepalm: but will do for now :thu:.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:32:03 PM by RoadRanger »

wades_keys

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »
It's amazing. there are people whose opinions I really valued.  And now that HC is basically gone, I missing them already.

I took for granted that people whose avatars signaled me to wake up and pay attention, especially in the BTSWTB forum. 

There's two that I particularly remember, but others that I don't, simply b/c their avatar isn't in front of me.  And I don't remember their login names!!

At least I remember BlueStrat!!

Does anyone remember the guy around 50 y.o., who had a avatar of the front of his face in B&W, maybe part of his name was Lee?? (no, not lee flier)

I'm grieving.........
Lee Knight is who you're thinking of.

rorylawford

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
    • Rory M. Lawford on Myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 02:54:26 AM »
Is BlueStrat MIA? What about Germs or Flemtone or ChordGirl ...    I'm still tryin over at BWTB  but it's like a ghost town   :(
I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
Is BlueStrat MIA? What about Germs or Flemtone or ChordGirl ...    I'm still tryin over at BWTB  but it's like a ghost town   :(
You can click on "members" up top and see the memberlist. ChordGirl's here but not the others (yet ;) ?).

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »
Is BlueStrat MIA?
I would love it if BlueStrat showed up here. I always enjoyed his posts.

flemtone

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
  • Ack-gasp-wheeze
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

*waves hand*  Present!

Hey, gang, what'd I miss?  Who brought the Rolling Rock?

Rory, thanks for thinking of me.  I believe that's the first time my monicker's been said by someone other than myself since I signed onto the MP forms, before they went to HC.  *gets warm and fuzzy feeling, but in a strictly Manly way, of course*

ChordGirl's here as well?  That's a definite coolness. 

Hmmm, cooter's here, wades, knobs, kramer, the Giant Inky Moderator, CraigV, Agedhorse (!), GFF, MStreck, PFC, rhat, rory, SpaceyNormie, zombiekitty.... - a lot more than I first thought. 

Take a second and give a big  :thu: to our Admin RoadRanger and the 'Honorary Mods':  His Inkness, His Knobness and His, um, His 'V'ness.

In jumping around the other forums on this site, it seems nice and friendly.  I gotta tell ya, it's really nice to get back to forum software that makes sense. 

Hey, what happens if we occasionally click on the ads on the top of the page?  Bucks for our Kind Admins to keep the site going?  Hmmm...   ;)
"You are merely ze audience.  I am ze Author.  I out-rank you!"  -Franz Liebkind

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 07:37:45 PM »
Hey, what happens if we occasionally click on the ads on the top of the page?  Bucks for our Kind Admins to keep the site going?  Hmmm...   ;)
Click on it and check out what happens ;). In the unlikely event that these forums require funding I could sign up as an affiliate to a few good vendors but I haven't bothered so far.

For now only our "Preferred Vendors" will have banner ads displayed on top of the pages here :).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:44:00 PM by RoadRanger »

flemtone

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
  • Ack-gasp-wheeze
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »
You might consider adding Rondo Music, a former B&M that went all online a few years ago.  Good entry-level instruments, excellent customer service.  They carry Agile guitars, Brice and SX basses, etc.

http://www.rondomusic.com/

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
"You are merely ze audience.  I am ze Author.  I out-rank you!"  -Franz Liebkind

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
You might consider adding Rondo Music.
Done!

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 04:29:06 PM »

*waves hand*  Present!

ChordGirl's here as well?  That's a definite coolness. 

Hmmm, cooter's here, wades, knobs, kramer, the Giant Inky Moderator, CraigV, Agedhorse (!), GFF, MStreck, PFC, rhat, rory, SpaceyNormie, zombiekitty.... - a lot more than I first thought. 

8) 

Take a second and give a big  :thu: to our Admin RoadRanger and the 'Honorary Mods':  His Inkness, His Knobness and His, um, His 'V'ness.

In jumping around the other forums on this site, it seems nice and friendly.  I gotta tell ya, it's really nice to get back to forum software that makes sense. 
It's like we're having a big old family reunion, and Grandma forgot to tell BlueStrat.  :(

:facepalm:  LOL.

It makes me happy to see you all in here.   :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »
BlueStrat has never logged into HC 2.0 :(
http://www.harmonycentral.com/people/BlueStrat

His website is:
http://patcoastband.com/
in case someone who knows him wants to invite him over here for a coupla beers ;).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:39:07 PM by RoadRanger »

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »

Good thinkin!   I forgot I can send him a myspace message.  :thu: 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:19:29 PM by ChordGirl »