Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I May Be the Stupidest Person Alive, But I Bought the DL1608

(1/3) > >>

ChiroVette:
lol Okay, sorry for the hyperbole, but this past Tuesday, I ordered the Mackie DL1608 in spite of the fact that I have never been particularly fond of Mackie products and them tanking their own forums was, in my opinion, a really stupid (not to mention suspicious) thing to do!

The thing is that too many people I respect have recommended it to me, including RoadRanger and a couple of friends who are raving about the mixer. Plus, I love the iPad interface and have been playing with MyFader 1.3 for a few weeks now. It shipped Thursday, so hopefully I will have it in my hands by middle of this coming week. ;)

RoadRanger:
I think we'll all be a LOT happier when V1.5 is released :) . In the mean time the limitations aren't that hard to live within. Not having to set up a FOH and wrangle a snake is a BIG plus with me and (for now ;)) makes me happy enough with the trade-offs. As I do mostly private functions I often can't run a snake anyways and would get stuck mixing side-stage :( .

ijpengelly:
Definitely speed of set up, compactness and the features it comes loaded with considering the budget are going to, hopefully, really like it. Perhaps if you have come from fully featured expensive digital desks or have really demanding requirements might you not like it. However, its easy to get a great sound with it and perhaps going back to "basics" might be fun. 

WK154:
Look on the bright side. You can dump it later and pick up a iX16 and only loose a couple of bucks. Better than leasing something to tie you over till Behr..... is able to ship (FCC delay as I understand it).

ChiroVette:
Hehehe the title was meant more tongue-in-cheek than anything. I am definitely NOT HAPPY that Mackie closed down their official forum. I think that is a terrible thing for a business to do in this modern age.

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 30, 2013, 05:53:44 PM ---Look on the bright side. You can dump it later and pick up a iX16 and only loose a couple of bucks. Better than leasing something to tie you over till Behr..... is able to ship (FCC delay as I understand it).

--- End quote ---

Precisely what  was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I think that for the price, the quality and feature set of this little mixer is nothing short of amazing. But the ix16 looks like it is going to be insane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version