Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I May Be the Stupidest Person Alive, But I Bought the DL1608

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoadRanger:
I'll predict that Mackie will get the software sorted out by the time the iX16 comes out and most of us won't feel it worthwhile to "crossgrade" to it :) . Those buying new are another story :-\ . OTOH Behringer doesn't seem interested in input into their software so we'll see who makes us the "warm and fuzziest" ;D .

ChiroVette:
Which brings up another point, RoadRanger: I have been playing with MasterFader 1.3 for a while now and I love it. Very intuitive and interesting, with lots of pretty colors and waveforms to graphically represent what you are doing sonically. However, the XiControl app is one I am finding incredibly clumsy and strange to navigate. First off, all the parametric EQ, compression, gating, and some other stuff are all these horrible virtual knobs and they are cumbersome to try and move clockwise and counterclockwise.

Honestly, if that is going to be the same basic software, only smaller and with less features, to control the ix16 then I am thinking that I will likely be better off with the DL1608 even if the ix16 has more features. Of course, this is just all speculation, but I am NOT liking the Behringer iPad app at all!

Oh, since I started this thread, I have a router question: The Sweetwater Q&A thread about the 1608 recommends the AirPort Extreme because they say that all the cell phones and wireless devices could interfere with the WiFi of the 1608. Do you guys still recommend the AirPort Express? Oh and is this the right model?

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-AirPort-Express-Station-MC414LL/dp/B008ALA2RC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Kevin:

--- Quote ---Oh, since I started this thread, I have a router question: The Sweetwater Q&A thread about the 1608 recommends the AirPort Extreme because they say that all the cell phones and wireless devices could interfere with the WiFi of the 1608
--- End quote ---

I'd go with the Express. I had both and sent the Extreme back (I bought it not realizing that it didnt support Airplay). I A/B'ed them both together and the Extreme does get a little bit better range, but not significantly so. They both have very good range. IMHO the extra bit of range on the Extreme is not worth the extra money and not having Airplay. OTOH, if you have two iPods and can keep one docked then Airplay on the router is not as big of deal.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: ChiroVette on March 30, 2013, 06:21:57 PM ---Which brings up another point, RoadRanger: I have been playing with MasterFader 1.3 for a while now and I love it. Very intuitive and interesting, with lots of pretty colors and waveforms to graphically represent what you are doing sonically. However, the XiControl app is one I am finding incredibly clumsy and strange to navigate. First off, all the parametric EQ, compression, gating, and some other stuff are all these horrible virtual knobs and they are cumbersome to try and move clockwise and counterclockwise.
--- End quote ---
Those of us used to moving fader mixers find it less strange ;). And as for the knobs the touchscreen convention is to put your finger on the knob and slide up and down as if it is a fader - completely obvious, right? :facepalm:
--- Quote ---Oh, since I started this thread, I have a router question:
--- End quote ---
"Use the Search, Luke" ;) :
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=195

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on March 30, 2013, 06:04:36 PM ---I'll predict that Mackie will get the software sorted out by the time the iX16 comes out and most of us won't feel it worthwhile to "crossgrade" to it :) . Those buying new are another story :-\ . OTOH Behringer doesn't seem interested in input into their software so we'll see who makes us the "warm and fuzziest" ;D .

--- End quote ---
Haven't seen you on this forum and I'm just a lurker there myself but I think you'll have to agree that none of this will ever will happen at Mackie.
http://soundforums.net/varsity/4299-uli-behringer-music-group-q.html
You'll never see Mark Graham get on a forum. Yes Mackie asked for input but you know the results. My money is on Behringer with the iX16 before MF v1.5. Then this whole debate will be mute. We'll just have to start beating on Behringer for all the new features we want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version