Author Topic: HC 2.0 BWTB refugees check-in here!  (Read 39162 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
HC 2.0 BWTB refugees check-in here!
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »
Well, I'm here and I can hear a bunch of you breathin' out there ;). Anyways check-in and let us know you're here :).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:17:56 PM by RoadRanger »

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
Re: HC 2.0 refugees check-in here!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »
I am here, ready to lurk as always. Now, if I could find some people to get an original project going I could actually post something about being in a band. The music scene in my area is like HC 2.0, a virtual ghost town.  ;)

Cooterbrown

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
  • RAWK FONK BLOOZ
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
Present and accounted for.

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
No, I haven't quit my position at HC, but I came over to say hi.

b_f_c_99

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:18:56 PM »
Hey, my eyes aren't smoking here!

ChordGirl

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
:thu:                                    :thu:                                     :thu:                                        :thu:                                 ;D

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »
:thu:                                    :thu:                                     :thu:                                        :thu:                                 ;D
Didn't know you could do that :o !

gjb3

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »
Good to see some familiar faces...!

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »
I note with some amusement I've apparently been made a moderator here. I'm more than happy, as time permits, to hang out here and keep an eye on things if traffic picks up, although I don't know if I'll have a ton of time.

In all honesty, I hope things continue to improve with HC 2.0 and the community- and especially the regulars- come back. But, people are going to do what they will, and I'm not going to beg anyone to stay, because I understand why they're leaving.

Anyhow, I'll be keeping a light on over there too.  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:39:34 PM by Actionsquid »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
I note with some amusement I've apparently been made a moderator here.
;)
I should probably see if i can change that to "Honorary Moderator" as I'd be rather shocked if these forums became any more than a temporary hangout requiring any real moderators :).
In all honesty, I hope things continue to improve with HC 2.0 and the community- and especially the regulars- come back.
Me too - What makes HC fun for me is the large amount of new people that pass though and no matter how bad it is they will still be over there and not over here :-\.

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
I note with some amusement I've apparently been made a moderator here.
;)
I should probably see if i can change that to "Honorary Moderator" as I'd be rather shocked if these forums became any more than a temporary hangout requiring any real moderators :).
In all honesty, I hope things continue to improve with HC 2.0 and the community- and especially the regulars- come back.
Me too - What makes HC fun for me is the large amount of new people that pass though and no matter how bad it is they will still be over there and not over here :-\.

Really, whatever happens, I just hope that the Backstage community doesn't evaporate, wherever it goes. BWTB is a ghost town right now and it's actually making me pretty sad, even though I can't blame people for being negative about 2.0. The happenings have really made me realize what a great little ragtag gang we have.

They do seem to be improving HC bit by bit; so I'm trying to be hopeful people will come back when and if they make the site more appealing.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 08:55:21 PM »
[They do seem to be improving HC bit by bit; so I'm trying to be hopeful people will come back when and if they make the site more appealing.
Did you try out those two mods I posted links for over in BWTB? The first one that nukes the ads makes it quite a bit faster and a bit less grating to the eyes. I tried the "skin" one and it was a bit too radical to me - probably because I loaded it in "fix the whole board" mode.

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 09:02:05 PM »
[They do seem to be improving HC bit by bit; so I'm trying to be hopeful people will come back when and if they make the site more appealing.
Did you try out those two mods I posted links for over in BWTB? The first one that nukes the ads makes it quite a bit faster and a bit less grating to the eyes. I tried the "skin" one and it was a bit too radical to me - probably because I loaded it in "fix the whole board" mode.

I actually am avoiding any fixes right now because I want to know what the site is actually looking like... even more than I want to spare my eyes.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
I actually am avoiding any fixes right now because I want to know what the site is actually looking like... even more than I want to spare my eyes.
Good point! The "AdBlocker" mod doesn't actually change the placement of anything or the colors. The only relief your eyes get from it is not having stoopid flash videos running on the right side of your screen :facepalm: or fugly static ads here and there. It actually leaves the static google text ads at the bottom but those aren't annoying at all :).

BigJD

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »
Yah maybe it'll get better over there till then I'll lurk over here abit.