Author Topic: HC 2.0 BWTB refugees check-in here!  (Read 38422 times)

monthlymixcd

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • Rink Rash is Sexy. Support Your Local Roller Girls
Re: HC 2.0 refugees check-in here!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 06:48:54 PM »
Agreed... but gear comes, and gear goes.

monthlymixcd

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • Rink Rash is Sexy. Support Your Local Roller Girls
Re: HC 2.0 refugees check-in here!
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »
Ya' know... most of the time I actually DO spend "backstage" we're always talkin' gear, so here's the stuff I own or have owned listed ONCE instead of in my sig and I'd welcome Q's or comments.

MY GEAR (now): Guitars - ’66 Fender Electric XII, ’74 LP Signature, ’77 SG (’61 RI), DIY Tweedecaster, ‘80s Yairi DY53  * Basses – ’74 LP Triumph, ’93 Fender ’75 RI Jazz, Excel P-Bass  * Pedals – MuTron Blue Clipper and Red Ranger, Fuzz Probe, BYOC TriBoost, Timmy, DDSS, Rand-O-Matic, numerous DIY FX  * Amps – Ampeg B15T, Ampeg G18, THD Univalve, Ceriatone 36W TMB EF86  * Cabs – ’69 Marshall 1990 8x10 Lead, Griffiths 10/12 w/ Ramrod/G12H Heritage speakers

MY GEAR (then): Guitars - ’77 LP Special DC, ‘78 Fender Mustang, ’84 Ibanez Destroyer II, ’91 Strat Plus, ’93 Fender Blue Flower Tele RI, ’96 Parker Nitefly NF4 HSS, ‘90s Ibanez EX Series, ’78 Ovation Acoustic XII  * Basses – ‘70s Ovation Magnum II, ’81 Gibson Victory, ’82 Gibson Victory Artist, ‘90s Fender Sting Bass  * Pedals – Too Many to List! (Seriously, 150+), DMC Ground Control Pro/GCX * Amps – ‘80s Kustom K-Studio 4-Valve, ‘70s Peavey Bandit 112, ‘80s Tubeworks Rack Gear (RT922, RT921, MV982), ’73 Ampeg SVT  * Cabs – ’69 Ampeg 8x10 (non-tilt), ‘70s Kustom 1x15 (cascade sparkle), ‘70s Kustom ‘Lil Joe 412, ‘80s Marshall JCM800 1960A, ‘90s Genz Benz vert. 212 pair, DIY 1x15 w/ Big Ben… and TONS of different speakers (easily 50+)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:01:06 PM by monthlymixcd »

Nobody Told Me

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
Re: HC 2.0 BWTB refugees check-in here!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Hi all,

Figured I might try a dual citizenship deal for awhile.  Lots of familiar names here...   :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 01:25:00 AM »
HC is down for maintenance for a bit so maybe a few folks will stop by. Anderton did announce the downtime in a thread but there seems to be no way to announce anything systemwide yet :(. I was thinking of posting a headsup in BWTB but wasn't sure if that would violate the "No new HC 2.0 threads" policy?

Nobody Told Me

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 02:07:47 AM »
LOL, yeah, I accidentally violated that policy today.  Didn't really intend to.  Then by the time I realized my faux pas, I had done it again.   :facepalm:

rorylawford

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
    • Rory M. Lawford on Myspace
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 02:59:56 AM »
I turned the AdBlocker on per your suggestion (Thanks!)... since I was already using Chrome. Much better. I've never posted all of my gear in my signature before... I always felt it was a little egotistical (no offense Rory)... but for some reason I now have an urge to do so to maybe spark some discussions about different gear. Thoughts?

It is TOTALLY egotistical LOL

Actually I started doing it over at HC because in addition to BWTB, I also frequented the Electric Guitars forum and occasionally the Amps and Effects forums as well. It seemed to be the thing in those forums. It would spark discussions and in those forums, posters always took opportunities to discuss and 'show off' their gear - including posting tons of pictures of thier stuff. It's all in fun.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:03:28 AM by rorylawford »
I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*.

Vermoulian

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:33 PM »
Hi gang.

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
LOL, yeah, I accidentally violated that policy today.  Didn't really intend to.  Then by the time I realized my faux pas, I had done it again.   :facepalm:

It's cool man. I wasn't trying to crush any complaining about 2.0 anywhere it happened, like as an aside in an on-topic thread.

It was just that it was too depressing to see nothing but "2.0 sucks" threads in my beloved BWTB for days in a row, while long-time members leave and on-topic threads fall off the page. (And there's like four forums for 2.0 feedback!) So I took it on myself to post some on topic stuff, then nix all the 2.0 threads and try to at least try to salvage what actual "Backstage" discussion is left. I don't like being heavy-handed but at some point we've gotta move on.

I know 2.0 sucks. I fucking hate it. But it's out of my control, so I'm just doing what I can to salvage the remains of BWTB.
 :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:34:51 PM by Actionsquid »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
Actually the post volume is now low enough "over there" that you can kinda follow it even without any indication of or ability to jump to what you haven't read. Anderton finally 'fessed up that those were never features in the new software so the lack thereof aren't bugs. After all the bugs are fixed they will decide what new features they will work on - so no guarantee that we will ever get "unread" indication or a way to jump to the unread posts in a thread :(. OTOH while they had the notification system up that worked to send you copies of everything new so you could follow along that way if you didn't mind the volume of emails - I actually liked it myself :).

mstreck

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
    • My cover band
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Can I subscribe to threads here? I see an "unnotify" button that seems to imply that I am receiving notifications, but I'm not.

The "new & improved" HC doesn't seem to have that feature at all.  >:(

Actionsquid

• Honorary Moderator
  • Guardian
  • Youngling
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
It's a mixed bag. Even though I hate the interface it I'm getting used to it. I certainly didn't think it was bad enough to just leave.

It's sort of getting better gradually... :-\

The "more like this" feature is cool, and I like that you can directly insert images and music from your computer.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »
Can I subscribe to threads here? I see an "unnotify" button that seems to imply that I am receiving notifications, but I'm not.
Try "Profile", "Modify Profile", "Notifications". Change "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:" from "Instantly - but only for the first unread reply" to "Instantly" then "Save Settings" :). The default is to"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." but you can also change that here. When you go into a board (aka subforum) you can push "Notify" on the top to be notified of all new topics and messages posted to that board. Moderators might want to do that for any boards they moderate but anybody else can too. I presently have notify turned on for all the boards here so's I don't have to camp out here :).

rainbird

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 11:42:09 PM »
in.  ;)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums