Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux 6 to Subs...How to route break music?

(1/4) > >>

VHDon:
I've been playing with using Aux 6 for a seperate Sub output, and it sounds great.  I'm routing bass, kick, & floor tom through this, everything else through Main L-R.  However, what is the best way to run break music using this method?  Run to both Aux 6 and mains?  I tried this, and it ends up sound a little muddy.  Any ideas?

RoadRanger:
Which particular mains and subs are you using? Do they have crossovers built-in or are you using external crossovers? If the latter, what crossovers are you using? Settings?

VHDon:
QSC KSub for Subs, K12's for mains.  Right now I'm not using the KSub crossover, just routing direct to each (Aux 6 to subs, Main L-R to K12's).

LeeSteel:
That is how I am doing it also. I bring up the Main LR fader for iPad channel volume and set it at it's loudest. Then go to Aux6 and bring up the iPad channel until I have the desired punch. I also have my Airport Express, audio out, routed into channels 15/16 and do the initial setup the same way. Sounds very clean over here.

RoadRanger:
Do you have the "LF" switches on the K12's set to "EXT SUB"?

--- Quote from: VHDon on April 05, 2013, 02:14:21 AM ---I'm routing bass, kick, & floor tom through this, everything else through Main L-R.
--- End quote ---
Maybe I'm misinterpreting this but it sounds like you are not routing the bass, kick, & tom to the mains? Your aux 6 should be set to "post fader" and the bass, kick, floor tom & break music faders set to zero on the aux 6 page (all others all the way down) and the aux 6 master fader set to the same as the LR master fader to start with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version