Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux 6 to Subs...How to route break music?

<< < (2/4) > >>

jlb:
In order to do this properly you need and external crossover with appropriate LPF for the subs and HPF for the tops. The ext sub switch on the K12 is what engages a 100Hz crossover when the K sub is connected to the K12. Right now you are more than likely creating  a mess in the 80-120Hz region.

VHDon:
I'm using Aux 6 for direct input to the subs per the thread on the forum, not using any crossover (KSub crossover or external)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvZremoHtCE

this works great...but I was trying to see if there was a way to get break music in the subs.  Looks like the limitation is running break music in the tops only.  Thanks for the feedback.

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: jlb on April 05, 2013, 01:01:40 PM ---In order to do this properly you need and external crossover with appropriate LPF for the subs and HPF for the tops. The ext sub switch on the K12 is what engages a 100Hz crossover when the K sub is connected to the K12. Right now you are more than likely creating  a mess in the 80-120Hz region.

--- End quote ---

This is the correct answer. Crossover filters were designed for a purpose. If they weren't needed, they wouldn't have been invented. Aside from the comb filtering issues, you are needlessly reducing headroom of your top boxes and increasing distortion by working them harder than they should be not properly high passing them when using them with subs.

RoadRanger:
The KSub has an internal, non-defeatable crossover. The K12's also have a built-in crosssover that makes them "play nice" with the KSub if you switch it on by setting the "LF" switches on the K12's to "EXT SUB". If you don't do that it'll all sound like arse :o .

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 06, 2013, 01:23:17 AM ---The KSub has an internal, non-defeatable crossover. The K12's also have a built-in crosssover that makes them "play nice" with the KSub if you switch it on by setting the "LF" switches on the K12's to "EXT SUB". If you don't do that it'll all sound like arse :o .

--- End quote ---

So RR, is this the way you run your system.  I just purchased the K12's tonight and looking at changing my configuration.  So you run the mains to the KSub and K12's are the tops.  I will try this configuration and see how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version