Author Topic: Aux 6 to Subs...How to route break music?  (Read 14732 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Aux 6 to Subs...How to route break music?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:28 PM »
Thanks JL.  BTW, do you run Aux 6 post fader?  I usually don't put Bass, Kick or Toms in the mains.
If you don't put those in the mains they will just be mud. All have LOTS above 100Hz - the kick's "click" is 2KHz+.

Agreed, and the B212D's don't have an internal crossover.  Now thst I have a matched system, things should be better.  Have you tried the AUX 6 method and if so, is there a definative reason you use the sub with tops from the mains?
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
I don't have "K" speakers myself. My speakers dont have built-in crossovers so I've been using aux 6 for the subs and the 31 band GEQs as crappy crossovers -  mostly so I don't have to bring an external crossover.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
I don't have "K" speakers myself. My speakers dont have built-in crossovers so I've been using aux 6 for the subs and the 31 band GEQs as crappy crossovers -  mostly so I don't have to bring an external crossover.

I will tell you, there is definitely something about having a matched system.  At first I thought that the crossovers on the "K" series were just average, but I was wrong, especially since the KSub and K12/10/8's were matched.  I would assume the cutoff's on the K12/10/8's crossovers are as follows:

EXT SUB = 100Hz
Normal = 80Hz
Deep = Between 50-60Hz (K12 rated at 48Hz to 20KHz)

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"