Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !  (Read 68847 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 12:28:29 PM »
Funny thing that I have trouble moving and controlling the clock like controls of the Vintage devices in 1.4.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=286.0

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Using the Vintage Settings

Funny thing that I have trouble moving and controlling the clock like controls of the Vintage devices in 1.4.  I have been told in the past that on MAc products if you have calouses on your fingers this can be a problem.  I have found I had to go back to the modern setting sometimes to adjust.  I haven't tried it with my touch pen yet.

Thoughst?

Chris

Don't turn like a knob, slide up and down (like a fader) put your finger on the knob ( leave it on the ipad surface) you now can move anywhere to make adjustments..

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 02:54:41 PM »
I am not 100% certain this was on the FasterFader software or if I am thinking of Behringer's app, but I remember seeing something in the settings menu where you can change the rotating knobs from "up and down swipe" to rotation, where you actually use the virtual knob as a knob.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
I am not 100% certain this was on the FasterFader software or if I am thinking of Behringer's app, but I remember seeing something in the settings menu where you can change the rotating knobs from "up and down swipe" to rotation, where you actually use the virtual knob as a knob.
Yes, I saw that somewhere but the "up and down" mode is a lot easier to control IMO.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
Just picking back up on the topic of the re-sync when you swap apps or move between wired and wireless connections, it is indeed much quicker now, in the order of a second. The screen still flashes up to say it is synching the device, but it goes away almost as soon as it arrived.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »
speaking of the rotating or up and down ....
watch the video of Ben showing the "NEW VINTAGE" crap, 
Ben is confused as to the operation of the knob that refuses to turn.

Boy I really like the sound of the Vintage EQ, it is so much better  :facepalm:
"VINTAGE" ooh yea!

Unreal

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
MF V1.4 revisited
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 03:42:55 AM »
Back again from more important things such as competitions and concerts. My wife's middle school Octets and Choirs swept the Disneyland "Music in the Park" competition over lots of high schools.  Yeah!
I now had the pleasure of reviewing the wonderful DL V1.4 changes and give Mackie an U for effort and a F for execution. The meter problem is still there. If you look at the output meter bar and expect the XLR output to reflect this your out of luck. The meter is post fader and the output (L, R, or any other output) should reflect the value of the meter bar or the other way around. It is still non-linear and off as much as 10 dB if you make certain assumptions.
Someday they might get it right. Technically the whole scale concept as implemented on the DL is a home brewed analog lookalike. No digital mixer (dB Fs) has a standard reference (there is also no positive value in the dB Fs scale). There are several suggested values from Europe and the US but no unified Spec. Could you imagine what the Internet would be like without an agreed upon uniform spec? The audio industry has yet to learn that lesson although some efforts are being made. The K-System comes to mind. Wouldn't it be great if you didn't have to worry about the gain structure of your system?
The pros on V1.4 is the show control and status saving and recall. It's now what it should have been from the get go.
UI (User Interface) need I say more, no change. Vintage Eq's is were this mixer is headed.
The screwdriver is ready for an autopsy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:50:05 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2013, 05:09:58 PM »
V1.4.1 released, conversation continued here:
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=344.0

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Master Fader V1.4 revisited
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:53 AM »
Back again from more important things such as competitions and concerts. My wife's Middle School Octets and Choirs sweep the Disneyland "Music in the Park" competition over lots of high schools,
Yeah!
I now had the pleasure of reviewing the wonderful DL changes in MF v1.4 and give Mackie an U for effort and a F for execution. The meter problem is still there. What bug fixes? If you look at the output meter bar and expect the XLR output to reflect this your out of luck. The meter is post fader and the output (L, R, or any other output)  should reflect the value of the meter bar or the other way around. It is still non-linear and off by as much as 10 dB. Someday they might get it right.  Here is a comparison between DL1608 and the XAP800. It shows that it can be done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wfpp0c11tewtaa/DL%20d608%20vs%20XAP800.JPG

The Digital realm has no mathematical relationship to the Analog realm until a specific implementation is created and then you can measure the relationship of dB Fs (digital) vs. dBu (analog). There is no universally defined reference for digital. There are several suggested values from Europe and the US but no single agreed upon Spec.. Mackie on the 1604 VLZ used dBu as the meter reference. Meter types are a whole new topic. This time it appears that the max of 21 dBu output is assumed to be 0 dB Fs and 0 meter value is +6 dBu as measured. No reason given this time. . The source for gain structure issues in most kit.
Could you imagine what the Internet would be like without an agreed upon uniform spec? The audio industry has yet to learn that lesson although some efforts are being made. The K-System comes to mind for loudness. Nothing for equipment other than an old an very lose +4dBu for 0 on a Vu meter.
The pros on V1.4 is the show control and status saving and recall. It's now what it should have been from the get go.
UI (User Interface) need I say more, no change. Vintage Eq's is were this mixer is headed.

When in doubt KISS