Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !  (Read 67947 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !
« on: April 05, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747

Quote from: Mackie via iTunes
What's New in Version 1.4
New! Added support for DL806.
Master Fader now works with both the DL1608 and the DL1608 including Offline operation. Shows, Snapshots, Presets and Access Limiting work seamlessly across DL mixers automatically.

New! Show Improvements.
Many Show, Snapshot and Synchronizations enhancements have been added. The Show Screen now displays Offline shows and the Current Show separately. The Current Show is saved to the iPad automatically as changes are made and the last modified date and time are shown. Channel Images and Icons are now stored in shows, recalled with snapshots and synchronized between devices. Up to 64 channel images may be used in a single show. All images used in the current show are displayed in the Channel>Images>Show Images list. And Shows are now recalled in the background (with indication in the Navbar) so that operation may continue as they load. All connected devices now remain online when shows are loaded.

New! Vintage EQ, Gate and Compressor.
After extensive analysis, development and testing, the new vintage EQ, compressor and gate deliver the sought-after musical characteristics of your favorite industry-standard processors. For each channel processor, the user can select between the new Vintage type for creative tone shaping and the current Modern type for surgical control. The vintage compressor and gate provide a lightning-fast attack, non-linear attack/release and program dependent release making them great for drums and other transient sources. The vintage EQ captures the unique interactions between the shelving bands and the gain and frequency-dependent Q structure of the parametric band to deliver the clarity and sheen of classic EQ designs. This EQ is great for getting guitar, bass, piano and other instruments to sit perfectly in a mix. Presets now store and recall the DSP type and new Vintage factory presets have been added.

Other Changes.
• Improved Meter response.
• Improved taper on Gate Hold parameter to make it easier to adjust for shorter hold times.
• Added Tools>About>More button with additional software and firmware version information.
• Updated Quickstart Guide
• Updated Reference Guide

Bug Fixes.
• Fixed bugs where the mixer button may disappear on the Channel View. This was most often seen on the iPad (1st generation).
• Fixed bug where popover lists did not show selection highlight.
• Fixed bug where device discovery could fail when repeatedly selecting the Tools>Devices button.
• Fixed bug where gate meter showed inaccurate value.
• Fixed bug where changing FX type did not show update on multiple connected iPad devices.
• Fixed bug where quickly swiping between channels in Channel View could show a black screen.
• Performed other minor fixes and stability improvements.

For more information, please visit http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/specs/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:55:33 PM by RoadRanger »

Tnelson494

• Padawan
Re: Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
Sweet..................! well maybe see what I get when I get home on lunch and down load it :)

TheVIPea

• Youngling
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
Downloaded already! Love the fact you can now store pictures, it is worth it just or that alone. Also the vintage eq's look cool ... I am only simple and like playing with knobs not graphs! Also, love the shows section ... At last it makes sense! Lets see how we get on at a gig tomorrow :)

bcbeak

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Just downloaded .. yes the show management is improved  (aka fixed like it should have worked all along).

Is myFader 1.0 available yet?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Is myFader 1.0 available yet?
No, we've been told that it is taking longer to get approved by Apple as it is a new app, not "just" an update like "Master Fader". At this point I'd guess the beginning or middle of next week?

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »
So far, so good.  Really curious whether the duplicate show issue is fixed.  Doing some cleanup chores and will test.  Will let everyone know.  Planning on putting to the test tonight.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
Big disappointment in my mind. All this time and that's it? Glad to see they really listen to their users ... Damn Mute button still in the same spot. No active only fader views, etc.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
So far I'm happy with the improved wireless connectivity, I use my DL at home for my day-job so I have plenty of time to experiment before taking it out to a show tonight.

Previously if I put my iPad to sleep the connection went wonky(trying & failing to reconnect), now the connection is coming back up instantly after sleep!

I fiddled a bit with the Vintage version of eq & compressor, both look like a skin over the existing "modern" version, but I'm not listening yet, just poking around.

Will be using for an acoustic duo tonight so I'll have more to report in the morning.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:58 PM »
Damn Mute button still in the same spot.
Did you see my post about it here?
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=256.0
It looks to me like Mackie could tweak the touch regions for the mute buttons and "fix" this without rearranging anything :) .

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Damn Mute button still in the same spot.
Did you see my post about it here?
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=256.0
It looks to me like Mackie could tweak the touch regions for the mute buttons and "fix" this without rearranging anything :) .

I Did. MANY folks wanted it in a different spot though .......  I have to say, I also own a Presonus Studio Live. Their Remote App is SO good, and they update it with stuff people really want. They listen.

Funny, Mackie put up the announcement about 1.4 on their facebook page. It had nothing but some negative comments about how this update was very disappointing (Which I have to agree with) .... Needless to say, they deleted their post.

UPDATE:  They just put up a new one and said they were having issues with videos on the previous post ..... Yeah Right!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:24:52 PM by fazmanicg »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »
The new Show handling is awesome :) !

On the Vintage EQ I wish they had used the space above the HPF buttons to move them up and allow more selections - I'd like a 40 and 120 Hz at least. Also wish they had been able to squeeze the other mid in there. With those two changes I could see myself using the vintage over the modern :) .

On the Vintage gate there is room to put in a three button selector for "range" - missing that is unfortunate :( .

On the Vintage comp maybe they could have squeezed a "knee" button in there but not too big a deal.

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
I do like the Show Changes. I am making an overall opinion.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
UPDATE:  They just put up a new one and said they were having issues with videos on the previous post ..... Yeah Right!
The video they linked to did have a permissions issue - I posted there telling them it wasn't working for me :( .

bcbeak

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
Well at least it is done and the re-dsigned a major function: scene management.

Now lets see if they can make some progress on other requests .. some of which are no more than cosmetic
(ie location of a button).

They did fix the Mixer button disappearing for Gen 1 ipAds like mine. This was a show-stopper.

The release of MyFader will be a big leap forward .. all my band mates are waiting.

fazmanicg

• Youngling
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »
OK Thanks .... I feel better now :)