Author Topic: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening  (Read 34208 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:57:20 AM »
[Split off of the "Master Fader V1.4 Is Here !" Thread]

Good thing about the x32 rack is that you can assign 1 input to multiple channels. This way I can do exactly what you are suggesting. And I can do it to all 22 inputs.
I think you are limited to 32 total channels...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:23:57 PM by RoadRanger »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:04:17 AM »
Good thing about the x32 rack is that you can assign 1 input to multiple channels. This way I can do exactly what you are suggesting. And I can do it to all 22 inputs.
I think you are limited to 32 total channels...

You can use 40 input channels with full processing. If you add more inputs it goes up.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »
You can use 40 input channels with full processing. If you add more inputs it goes up.
You're right about the 40 but I'm pretty sure adding more physical inputs doesn't increase that 40.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »
You're right about the 40 but I'm pretty sure adding more physical inputs doesn't increase that 40.

Correct. The X32 line supports a maximum of 40 processing channels regardless of available inputs.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »
Hey RR,
Any chance you could set up an "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum?  :)
This would maybe divert the appropriate people to somewhere they can concentrate and congregate!
I'm getting tired of every thread turning into what the x32 has and the DL hasn't.
I want info and tips on the DL.
In the unlikely event that I buy the x32 or the DL ripoff, I'll go hunting Behringer forums!
Please please can you set that forum up??

General message to anyone else listening:
We got an upgrade, more likely to follow. This is good. Stay calm. Be patient.
The older I get, the better I was!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
Hey robbocurry the "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum did exist. It was the Mackie forums. That's why it was shut down. I am glad you love your Mackie so much that it is unlikely you would buy a superior product. It amazes me how "stuck" people can get when it comes to music gear. What also amazes me is that a ton of Mackie fanboys continue to make requests about what they would like to see in the dl that will exist in the behringer, and almost certainly never in the dl. And yet they keep saying they are "unlikely" to switch. Ignorance is bliss.

And one more thing. Please look up the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it wrong. You are making a terrible accusation by using that word. Just because something isn't available yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big example is um...the dl1608. Was called vaporware itself but was never really vaporware. The term vaporware is used after a product doesn't exist. But being as though the x32 line does exist, calling it vaporware comes of as a little bit of jealousy and fanboy like. The dl was called vorporware because it Mackie announced a release date of May, then June, then July, then September and then it came out in October. I am so much more satisfied with behringers "coming soon". I don't feel like they are lying or trying to deceive me like Mackie did.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:21:02 AM by Jerrylee »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
Hey robbocurry the "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum did exist. It was the Mackie forums. That's why it was shut down. I am glad you love your Mackie so much that it is unlikely you would buy a superior product. It amazes me how "stuck" people can get when it comes to music gear. What also amazes me is that a ton of Mackie fanboys continue to make requests about what they would like to see in the dl that will exist in the behringer, and almost certainly never in the dl. And yet they keep saying they are "unlikely" to switch. Ignorance is bliss.

And one more thing. Please look up the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it wrong. You are making a terrible accusation by using that word. Just because something isn't available yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big example is um...the dl1608. Was called vaporware itself but was never really vaporware. The term vaporware is used after a product doesn't exist. But being as though the x32 line does exist, calling it vaporware comes of as a little bit of jealousy and fanboy like. The dl was called vorporware because it Mackie announced a release date of May, then June, then July, then September and then it came out in October. I am so much more satisfied with behringers "coming soon". I don't feel like they are lying or trying to deceive me like Mackie did.
I'd hardly call myself a "Mackie fanboy", this is the only piece of Mackie equipment I've ever owned in the 30 years I've been a musician. I do think that you have real vitriol for Mackie, did they shoot your dog or something? In fact i think you are a Behringer fanboy, do you have any ties to the company? Until the x32 rack is in customers hands it's an unknown quantity and the X16 is definitely "vapourware". The x32 rack and DL are in completely different price brackets here in the UK (or so it would seem). I can't see any sense in comparing them, they will be targeting very different budgets. Regarding not buying a "superior product", I already own better and more featured mixers than the Mackie. I might even buy an x32, if the warranty is very good. The Mackie doesn't have to die or be rubbish for the x32 to exist, but reading these posts you'd think that was the case. It does a job and has a feature set that we both were prepared to spend money on. I don't feel cheated. It's not perfect but it's not a "pos" either.
When I need to upgrade one of my mixers, I'll probably just buy something "superior" to the "next big thing" Behringer.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:31:59 PM by robbocurry »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Robbocurry please research the definition of vaporware before you continue to use it incorrectly. You can't say some is "defineltly vaporware" if you seem to not comprehend its true meaning. Would you really like me to explain it to you?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »
Jerrylee, I'm fully aware what it means, perhaps you need enlightened:

[mass noun] Computing, informal
software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

ix16 = vapourware

Would you like to explain to me how I am wrong here, I'd really like to know?
If you're referring to the x32 rack, I had eluded that it was still an unknown quantity because no paying customer had one yet. I'm fully aware that the x32 rack exists in a tangible form. My inference was towards the DL clone that the Behringer fanboys love so much. Before you reply and offer to explain the word "clone" to me, don't bother. I'm using it sarcastically because I know the ix16 or whatever it's called is vastly superior. At least in theory......
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:39:43 AM by robbocurry »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Robbocurry did you make up that definition to suit your statements? Because that us incorrect. Vaporwares true meaning deals with computer software and hardware that is announced but NEVER actually released nor cancelled. Which means until it has not been released or never officially canceled it can't be termed as " definitely vaporware". So when it is released, and it will be, then your vaporware comment will be proven to be ignorant at best.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 03:16:05 PM »
According to Webster any product that is widely advertised but you can't yet buy is vaporware:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vaporware

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »
Robbocurry did you make up that definition to suit your statements? Because that us incorrect. Vaporwares true meaning deals with computer software and hardware that is announced but NEVER actually released nor cancelled. Which means until it has not been released or never officially canceled it can't be termed as " definitely vaporware". So when it is released, and it will be, then your vaporware comment will be proven to be ignorant at best.

You don't like being proved wrong do you?

Definition taken from here:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/vapourware

Perhaps Oxford are ignorant too because they don't agree with what you thought vapourware was?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:33:07 PM by robbocurry »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 03:27:03 PM »
According to Webster any product that is widely advertised but you can't yet buy is vaporware:

:)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:32:11 PM »
My favorite vaporware are the Peavey IPR4500(DSP) and IPR6500(DSP) amps. Many years later they've been "uprated" to the IPR5000(DSP) and IPR7000(DSP) and still will ship "any day now" x( .

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 11:35:16 PM »

:)

Omg. You would seriously put a link in from a dictionary and then say something different then what it says. Apparently you cannot read. I guess ignorance is bliss. Again a mixing board that does indeed exist cannot be vaporware because it does exist. People are out using it now. If it was in concept drawings and being discussed yet not built, and ends of never being built it can then be called vaporware. But again only until it is not out. People called your precious dl1608 vaporware yet some how I and you own it. Hmm. So I guess it wasn't vaporware after all. 

The only reason someone might term something that is not on the market yet as vaporware is because they are misusing the word. Again I say, ignorance is bliss.

Robocurry you can say something is vaporware to take a shot at the company. But saying its "definitely vaporware" is just an ignorant statement. Because I can say one million percent that it is indeed, most definitely, with out a doubt, absolutely not vaporware.