Author Topic: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening  (Read 34205 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
"Oh look Dear, everyone is out of step except our wee Jimmy.... :lol:"

Jerrylee, you are now rambling on and making very little sense.
You were proved wrong and you can't take it.
The link you've quoted was from RR. Mine came from the Oxford online dictionary.
To suggest I would make up a definition to suit myself is absurd.
The latest I saw on the ix16 was a mock up at Namm. Not working, no iPad attached, no sound.
Not yet available to buy (or even to be tested)
This fits the definition of vapourware as per those idiots who publish dictionaries.
I never said (and you can check my posts) that the ix16 wouldn't be released.
When it's available for sale it will no longer be vapourware.
Is it currently available to buy? No it isn't.
Can I make this any clearer for you?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 08:20:05 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

TheVIPea

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:00 AM »
You lot are just like children, now either play nice or go to your rooms, seriously!

No wonder the official Mackie forums shut down with a bunch of self important pompous procrastinating t€$¥|\$]€~€ !! Unfortunately this place is going the same way fast ... Very few useful informative posts, and lots of "my balls and programming skills and knowledge of life the universe and everything is bigger that yours!"

From what I see, the DL1608 is a board for small bands etc. to run at small shows, and I think it does that perfectly.  If you need 32 channels do not buy a DL. If you are doing "a large festival" what the heck have you got a DL for? Come on!

Update 1.4 is great ... It is moving forward .... Things are changing ... Turning a great little device into an even better little device. 1.5 will be better still ... And so will 1.6 .... But it will never ever change the fact it is a small desk for small simple set ups .. Get over it children, and lets post useful things on here!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »
You lot are just like children, now either play nice or go to your rooms, seriously!

No wonder the official Mackie forums shut down with a bunch of self important pompous procrastinating t€$¥|\$]€~€ !! Unfortunately this place is going the same way fast ... Very few useful informative posts, and lots of "my balls and programming skills and knowledge of life the universe and everything is bigger that yours!"

From what I see, the DL1608 is a board for small bands etc. to run at small shows, and I think it does that perfectly.  If you need 32 channels do not buy a DL. If you are doing "a large festival" what the heck have you got a DL for? Come on!

Update 1.4 is great ... It is moving forward .... Things are changing ... Turning a great little device into an even better little device. 1.5 will be better still ... And so will 1.6 .... But it will never ever change the fact it is a small desk for small simple set ups .. Get over it children, and lets post useful things on here!

Lol. I agree with you totally and especially regarding the DL and it's uses.
My apologies to forum users, this spat makes very boring reading and is generally unhelpful.
I used the official Mackie forum and enjoyed it but it was overfilled with people who liked to "pontificate".
This forum was going so well until recently, then the negativity towards the DL started again.
Frustrated, I dared to post this:
Hey RR,
Any chance you could set up an "I love Behringer vapourware and hate the Mackie DL" forum?  :)
This would maybe divert the appropriate people to somewhere they can concentrate and congregate!
I'm getting tired of every thread turning into what the x32 has and the DL hasn't.
I want info and tips on the DL.
In the unlikely event that I buy the x32 or the DL ripoff, I'll go hunting Behringer forums!
Please please can you set that forum up??

General message to anyone else listening:
We got an upgrade, more likely to follow. This is good. Stay calm. Be patient.

Please take a look at my other posts on other topics and judge for yourself my position and attitude.
I don't take any pleasure in this spat.
In this instance, I've spent way too much time but I am determined not to be steamrollered into submission.
Especially by someone who is so obviously wrong. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:16:57 AM by robbocurry »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Can someone please tell me what was so great about the 1.4 update? The only thing that really was added that anyone asked for was photos/icons being recalled. I am so used to not using them at this point that to me it's no longer a big deal. The eq/comp screens are just skins. How does that make a great update. This update like the last one just plain sucks.

And robbo, you are still wrong. I have told you why and you continue to ignore the facts. I used to eat guys like you for breakfast, dinner, and lunch in the court room without even trying. That's why I was able to retire in my early 30s to just play music. It was like you were just handing me money. You really need to examine those definitions you continue to quote. Again you are just wrong. It's becoming laughable.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
Can someone please tell me what was so great about the 1.4 update? The only thing that really was added that anyone asked for was photos/icons being recalled. I am so used to not using them at this point that to me it's no longer a big deal. The eq/comp screens are just skins. How does that make a great update. This update like the last one just plain sucks.

And robbo, you are still wrong. I have told you why and you continue to ignore the facts. I used to eat guys like you for breakfast, dinner, and lunch in the court room without even trying. That's why I was able to retire in my early 30s to just play music. It was like you were just handing me money. You really need to examine those definitions you continue to quote. Again you are just wrong. It's becoming laughable.

Yes Jerry, you are right.
The Oxford Dictionary and everyone else is wrong.
What did you do in the courtroom, were you a baliff?
You have some very strange eating habits too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:35:53 AM by robbocurry »

Foster

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Boys, boys, boys. I had to log in to say this. I too have a legal background and I have read these posts. Jerrylee yes I get it. You are right. But now can you guys end it?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »
One last time...

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/vapourware

Pronunciation: /ˈveɪpəwɛə(r)/

(US vaporware)

Definition of vapourware

noun
[mass noun] Computing, informal
 software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

I've underlined the critical text above for you.
Questions to prove my usage of vapourware, as defined above, is correct.

1. Do you own an ix16?
2. Do you know anyone who owns an ix16?
3. Have you ever seen one working?
4. Is there a review of one working anywhere?
5. Is it available for sale anywhere with a current delivery date?

Questions 1 to 4 are superfluous, answer question 5 please.

No wonder you "retired" from the "courtroom".

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »
Please read your definitions again before you decide to reply. Again this is laughable.

You just like to reply but you don't like to back it up with facts.

Would you like me to dissect the definitions YOU posted here? Because apparently you're not trying so hard.

If I go by your logic then the dl1608 is vaporware. Because 1.5 is still being developed.

And please stick to the topic of the x32 rack. The one that already has user reviews. And when it comes to ix16 you even contradicted yourself in your own post. If you have seen a "mock up", regardless if they are not using it or not, there it is. It's interesting that a guy picked up a piece of vaporware that is not supposed to exist. Even if in the future the only one that ever exists is the one in the video it's called a "concept" not vaporware. Like in the automobile industry when ignorant people call concept cars vaporware. It's not vaporware, even though 90% or more never make the market, it actually exists. That's why it's called a concept car. Now if they say that this is going to have anti gravity engines that take you to the moon then that engine is vaporware. But the car, well, it isn't.

Here is you x32 rack (vaporware) review.

http://soundforums.net/product-reviews/6445-first-hands-experience-new-%93behringer-x32-rack%94-pictures-included.html

That's an interesting review on something that is not in existence.

Here is your video of the ix16

http://youtu.be/SIXT9J3aTCI

Thats pretty interesting that the guy was able to hold something that doesn't yet.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
Dude the definition you keep quoting is from a site that is known for appeasing people who continually misuse a term or word. The fact that they spelled it wrong might be a clue. There is only one true way to spell it and that is vaporware. Yes the word vapour does exist but vapor is the one used in vaporware. It's is a term that was developed as a sarcastic slang term to describe software that computer companies announced that never came out. It was then defined. It was later applied to products out of frustration of people waiting on products that also never were released. Not too much later misused by people who were tired of waiting for actuall products to become available to the market. I did say misused. I'd you are knocking a product and calling it vaporware out of jest then yes use the term. But do not say it is "definitely vaporware" when it is truly not. It exist therefore it is not.

Regarding number 5. Just because you cannot buy something has never made something vaporware. That is completely incorrect.  It's mere existence proves that something is not vaporware. So if a new product is coming out, and it sits behind a glass case because the company has not allowed it to be sold yet, does that make it vaporware? According to your definition then yes it is. But yet it is there, it exists, hence its not vaporware.

This is why as a successful lawyer I ripped people like you and incorrect definitions apart. I would have your definition so torn apart that it would never have been allowed to be presented in the first place. Too bad this is the Internet and people comtinue to spew incorrect information from seemingly hole and pore on there body.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:22:41 AM by Jerrylee »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
Sorry edited and posted in the wrong place:

The DL1608 is available for sale so therfore not vapourware.

Tell me, where can I buy an x32 rack today for delivery this week? Don't answer that.

I am correct as per the definition of the dictionary that I trust. If you don't agree with the dictionary, that's your prerogative.

Yes, it is laughable.

For the sake of this thread and the backlog of work building up, I'll agree to disagree with you.

If you can agree to that:)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

Tell me, where can I buy an x32 rack today for delivery this week? Don't answer that.

I am correct as per the definition of the dictionary that I trust. If you don't agree with the dictionary, that's your prerogative.

Yes, it is laughable.

For the sake of this thread and the backlog of work building up, I'll agree to disagree with you.

Narrow minds like to read "definitions" on the Internet and assume they are correct. If we want to prove we are right about something then all we have to do is search the Internet because as we all know everything here is true and correct. Lol. On the Internet there is an ass for every seat.

TheVIPea

• Youngling
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
I am going to get my 2 cents in now .....

As a successful lawyer ... Ha ha ha ha ha ........ You start the reply with "Dude" and you do large festivals with a DL .... Glad you don't represent me dude! Lol

Sorry folks, could not resist!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
Dude is one of my favorite words. It's used as sarcasm when I would like to get my point across. I use dude when people don't like to listen. And growing up on the beach in the 80s/90s made it a word ill never forget. Please don't be jealous. It's an ugly trait.

And the festival I did only saw 900,000 thousand people this year. Last year 1.2 million. But it rained on Friday. So I guess it wasn't so big after all. FYI it's the largest art festival in the SE United States. Unfortunately they don't have a huge budget for music yet because it is termed as an art fest. That's why I only bring out a dl1608 and a small system. It's all local groups playing and we want to keep it that way. My email is flooded every year because of how large the event is. Last year we had two national performers come up and play because they were there and offered to do concerts this year as well. One is in a famous band and one was on broadway in a very well know musical. And another band who played last year is now touring around the country and has a hit song on the radio. But again 900,000 people in the area in 3 days is a small festival.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:54:39 AM by Jerrylee »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

Yes, it is laughable.

Narrow minds like to read "definitions" on the Internet and assume they are correct. If we want to prove we are right about something then all we have to do is search the Internet because as we all know everything here is true and correct. Lol. On the Internet there is an ass for every seat.

This is so typical of you, a reply with an overbearing, condescending comment.
You are not in a position to comment on my mindset as you don't know me at all.
All your bluster and bragging about you courtroom antics reeks of adolescent chest beating.
To disregard established sources of knowledge to twist things to your perspective is ridiculous.

A nugget pulled from the internet:
"Some people always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. The battle they are fighting isn't with you, it is always within themselves. Better to walk away."

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:12 AM »
I am going to get my 2 cents in now .....

As a successful lawyer ... Ha ha ha ha ha ........ You start the reply with "Dude" and you do large festivals with a DL .... Glad you don't represent me dude! Lol

Sorry folks, could not resist!

:lol: