Author Topic: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening  (Read 33799 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »
The DL1608 is available for sale so therfore not vapourware.

Tell me, where can I buy an x32 rack today for delivery this week? Don't answer that.

I am correct as per the definition of the dictionary that I trust. If you don't agree with the dictionary, that's your prerogative.

Yes, it is laughable.

For the sake of this thread and the backlog of work building up, I'll agree to disagree with you.

If you can agree to that:)

Narrow minds like to read "definitions" on the Internet and assume they are correct. If we want to prove we are right about something then all we have to do is search the Internet because as we all know everything here is true and correct. Lol. On the Internet there is an ass for every seat.

This is so typical of you, a reply with an overbearing, condescending comment.
You are not in a position to comment on my mindset as you don't know me at all.
All your bluster and bragging about you courtroom antics reeks of adolescent chest beating.
To disregard established sources of knowledge to twist things to your perspective is ridiculous.

A nugget pulled from the internet:
"Some people always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. The battle they are fighting isn't with you, it is always within themselves. Better to walk away."

Does the truth sting a little?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
You tell me?

I'm sitting here laughing as this is really only a difference of opinions.
What makes it twice as funny though, is your opinion. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:07:58 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

TheVIPea

• Youngling
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
JL I was not doubting the size if your testicles, sorry I mean festival, however I think you are now making yourself look silly. Seriously if you are playing festivals that size I assume you are in a small beer tent playing to a hundred or so people, and that is about the limit if the DL. I play in a cheesy wedding/party band as a hobby, if we get more than 250 people it is massive to us, and I would get a sound guy in with a proper rig, never dream of using a DL! But it is up to you dude, go play in the freeway with matchbox toy cars if that makes you feel big, then criticise how they cannot keep up with the traffic flow.

That's it, I need to get on With my proper job ... Which by the way is not being a top shot lawyer!

Play nice children.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
Me too, I have a stack of work building up in the real world.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 12:44:37 PM »
JL I was not doubting the size if your testicles, sorry I mean festival, however I think you are now making yourself look silly. Seriously if you are playing festivals that size I assume you are in a small beer tent playing to a hundred or so people, and that is about the limit if the DL. I play in a cheesy wedding/party band as a hobby, if we get more than 250 people it is massive to us, and I would get a sound guy in with a proper rig, never dream of using a DL! But it is up to you dude, go play in the freeway with matchbox toy cars if that makes you feel big, then criticise how they cannot keep up with the traffic flow.

That's it, I need to get on With my proper job ... Which by the way is not being a top shot lawyer!

Play nice children.

DUDE, apparently you don't get that a board has nothing to do with how big of an area you can cover. Please think before you speak. The biggest band I did all weekend only needed 15 inputs. 3 vocals, 3 acoustics, 1 electric, 1 mandolin, and 7 for percussion/drums. I knew this in advance. But again this had nothing to do with the size of the venue. Please get a clue before you make stupid statements and when you are at work please don't burn yourself in the fryers.

I can play to a stadium that holds 100,000 plus people with a 2 channel board that cost $50.

FYI the area you cover deals with your speakers and power, NOT the board. Get a clue.

Maybe you should also check my earlier posts to see the stage I did sound on. I posted a picture. That was on Friday during set up. If you can zoom in close enough you might be able to see the dl1608 sitting on the right corner of the drum riser. That's where it spent 3 days. And that's also where the x32 rack will be next year.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
Rr why did you create a second thread and pull some, not all, posts from another thread? I am starting to believe you are a little to "hand on" here.

If this is supposed to be an open forum why not jut leave it alone.

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
I'm sure it's to keep threads on topic I love to read the drama and stuff as much as the next guy but damn sometimes you guys go off and it's 3 pages of just back and forth jabs

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
The drama is still there on the other thread. And why did he not post everything if anything at all?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
If this is supposed to be an open forum why not jut leave it alone.
Who ever said it was an "open forum" :P ?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
The drama is still there on the other thread. And why did he not post everything if anything at all?
The ways of the SysGod are strange and mysterious - not to be comprehended by mere mortals :angel: >:D :-\ 8) :laugh: .

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
The X32 Rack is not vaporware. There is at least one in use in the wild currently by one of Behringer's beta testers, Christian Boche who also had early access to the original X32. Enjoy:

http://soundforums.net/product-reviews/6445-first-hands-experience-new-%93behringer-x32-rack%94-pictures-included.html
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »
 :facepalm:

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »
The X32 Rack is not vaporware. There is at least one in use in the wild currently by one of Behringer's beta testers,
Myself, I'm more wondering about the iX16. It's unclear if it can be run wired from the iPad for instance. No picture exists that shows it connected wired AFAIK. I don't carry a spare router with the DL1608 as I can always "fall back" and run it docked.

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »
Wow.

What the hell? Everyone is entitled to their opinions. This is a message forum and we are bound to disagree on things. But I have to say, from someone who has read your responses in several threads, Jerrylee, you are coming off (at least in this forum) as overbearing, negative, nasty, condescending, and not just with one person, but with pretty close to everyone you talk to. You seem to think that personal attacks and character assassinations are effective debate tools. You seem to have a huge, buzzing, stinging bug up your ass about Mackie and, what I find REALLY ironic, is that Behringer is the company mantle you choose to take up as your shining example of why you think Mackie sucks:

Newsflash, both Mackie and Behringer have SHIT reputations in pro audio. I can tell you horror stories about my ex sound man's Behringer subs, which are nothing but 100+ point paperweights. Lest you think I am some Mackie fanboy, I have literally NEVER met a Mackie analog mixer I liked AND the same ex sound man had the most GOd Awful powered monitors which were, you guessed it, Mackie's!

So it is crazy that I have actually purchased a DL1608 as a dual purpose mixer: The small mixer for my acoustic duo and the backup mixer for my full band. I am stuck between the StudioLive 24.4.2 and the full sized X32 for the main mixer for my band.

Oh and I had seriously tried to wait for the ix16 because I think that it is going to be a smoking small digi-mixer. But I needed a mixer, at least the 16 channel one lol NOW!

My point, however, is that I don't know if you are a lawyer in real life and if so how successful you are and I don't care. But I can tell you that, while I get we all disagree about stuff, you are a complete troll in this forum, insulting (by my count) FOUR people who have tried to disagree civilly with you.

I guess we can all await your response to me to make it 5!   :lol:

WJF

• Padawan
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »
Whether or not the Behringer unit is vaporware, it does seem JerryLee, like you have a boundless dislike for Mackie in general and the DL in particular. I don't consider myself to be a Mackie fanboy at all ... many things about the DL aren't exactly as I would like and some things that I would like will probably never make it to the DL at all. That said, I like it enough that I'll continue to use it quite happily.

I'll also wager you that when the Behringer unit actually hits the market and folks start using it, that there will be a long list of complaints about and wish lists built for it too.

Point is, no piece of gear is going to be perfect for everyone all the time. Hows about we all just calm down and appreciate each piece of gear for what it can do instead of turning the flamethrowers on all the time. You seem like you really do know your stuff and I for one would be far more interested in any tips or thoughts you could share on what you like about the DL more than all the stuff you don't like about it (or Mackie in general).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:33:22 PM by WJF »