Author Topic: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening  (Read 34229 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: Behringer X32 Series - The Quickening
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »
The X32 Rack is not vaporware. There is at least one in use in the wild currently by one of Behringer's beta testers, Christian Boche who also had early access to the original X32. Enjoy:

http://soundforums.net/product-reviews/6445-first-hands-experience-new-%93behringer-x32-rack%94-pictures-included.html

Greg apparently if its not able to be purchased yet it is vaporware. At least that's what robbo will tell you. And I already posted the link to this review.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:33:56 PM by Jerrylee »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
The X32 Rack is not vaporware. There is at least one in use in the wild currently by one of Behringer's beta testers,
Myself, I'm more wondering about the iX16. It's unclear if it can be run wired from the iPad for instance. No picture exists that shows it connected wired AFAIK. I don't carry a spare router with the DL1608 as I can always "fall back" and run it docked.

That is what the ix16s USB port is for. You plug your cable right into there. There is no dock connector. The "dock" is just a tray to lay the iPad in. Forward thinking on behringers part. This way you can connect via USB to a 30 pin, the new lightning connector and even a computer. USB connected iPads are not going anywhere soon. Maybe never. They will just evolve like the newer 3.0s but still works with a 2.0 device.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »
That is what the ix16s USB port is for. You plug your cable right into there.
That is the assumption - but I have not seen anything from Behringer confirming that and I looked.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
Why do people refuse to listen to those of us who know what we are talking about!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
Because "There can be only one!" >:D

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »
Ok McCloud.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 06:38:37 AM »
Why do people refuse to listen to those of us who know what we are talking about!

I'd hazard a guess and say it's because you often come across as extremely dislikable?
Sorry, but you did ask.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:22:11 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 07:43:30 AM »
I saw the X32 rack test review shortly after it was muted that it was already for sale in Europe. That must be nearly two weeks ago.
I really hope it's available for sale soon, I honestly do. It looks really impressive.
Not that I plan to buy one as I upgraded a lot of my gear 12 months ago and it isn't something I need.
I also hope the iX16 is available for sale soon too, although it seems a little further off.
Not that I plan to buy one as I just bought a very similar product, the DL1608, a few months back. ::)

On a personal note, I sincerely hope that you are one of the first people to get an X32 rack Jerry, I really do.
I honestly hope it's everything that you want it to be and you will be happy with it. Honestly :thu: :)

To anyone who is interested in these fantastic new Behringer products, there is a dedicated forum here:
http://forum.behringer.com/
It's full of useful hints & tips for the budding "X Series" owner - enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:44:02 AM by robbocurry »

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 03:42:38 PM »
I also hope the iX16 is available for sale soon too

Me too. I'm really liking the DL1608 and no plans of selling for a few years, regardless of what else comes out - but its still not all that it could be. Having the iX16 on the market would keep the pressure on Mackie to step up their game.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
I'd say so Kevin, there are plenty more years left in the DL and Mackie will need their return on investment.
Smart updates will keep it alive for a good while, that can only be good for us.
I like the idea of a DL804 Mk2 style desk for the iPad mini as suggested elsewhere in the forum.
In fact, the more I think of it, the more I like it. ;D ;D ;D
Then again, I've been waiting for an iPhone mini for years too...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:30:44 PM by robbocurry »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
So, you want an iPhone with a screen the size of a postage stamp :o ?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »
So, you want an iPhone with a screen the size of a postage stamp :o ?
Send me the link - I have my card ready :lol:

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 02:59:24 AM »
I also hope the iX16 is available for sale soon too

Me too. I'm really liking the DL1608 and no plans of selling for a few years, regardless of what else comes out - but its still not all that it could be. Having the iX16 on the market would keep the pressure on Mackie to step up their game.

The biggest issue to me between the dl and the iX is that the hardware of the iX is something Mackie cannot step up to. The iX has 2 USB in/outs, midi I/O, and recallable preamps. All of which are extremely useful and all of which the dl does not have. It also has a built in power supply and we all know about mackies brick. Software it is better too. It has 4 fx processors right out of the box. I don't think the dl will ever have more than 2. There are also busses which hopefully Mackie will address.

So sticking with the dl you will never get what the iX offers.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2013, 03:15:39 AM »
The biggest issue to me between the dl and the iX is that the hardware of the iX is something Mackie cannot step up to. The iX has 2 USB in/outs, midi I/O, and recallable preamps. All of which are extremely useful and all of which the dl does not have. It also has a built in power supply and we all know about mackies brick. Software it is better too. It has 4 fx processors right out of the box. I don't think the dl will ever have more than 2. There are also busses which hopefully Mackie will address. So sticking with the dl you will never get what the iX offers.
As I mentioned adding digital trim to the DL1608 would somewhat mitigate the lack of remote preamp trim. Sure, it can never do multitracking but many of us don't need that. They should be able to "split" the stereo reverb into two mono ones easily enough. And change the delay only FX into another 'verb or chorus - again possibly splitting the stereo into two mono FX units.

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2013, 03:33:30 AM »
So sticking with the dl you will never get what the iX offers.

I'm fine with that. There will always be something better around the corner. For me, a DL in the hand is worth more than an iX in the bush, especially since this DL has been in my hands for several months now.

One of the things I came to grips with before buying the DL is that we are probably entering an era where buying a mixer is going to be like buying a computer in the 90s, where more powerful hardware is available on a monthly basis. The time to change platforms is as soon as you can justify the ROI. If you wait so you can get the latest tradeshow jawdropper, you will always be waiting. If you always want to be the guy with the most capable rig, its going to be an expensive ride.