Author Topic: What do you think of this.  (Read 6924 times)

b_f_c_99

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
What do you think of this.
« on: April 13, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »
I could post this on HC but whats the point, we need a topic here!

Went and saw new band this weekend.  They played and sounded incredible, singer has the perfect voice for what they are doing really sounded awesome.  Won't judge the show so much as this was their first gig.  Now to the part where you comment:   They started with Use Somebody by Kings of Leon,  and that was the most upbeat song of the 20 they played. I recognized maybe half the songs,  a mixture of STP, Nickelback, LIVE,  Not well known Metallica,  you get the idea.  All played and sounded very, very good.  On the other hand no one made even a head fake twords the dance floor.  I really don't know what to make of this.  Comments?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:02:14 AM by RoadRanger »

jeff42

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
Re: What do you think of this.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
some bands are dance bands some are not. I like most of the bands you mentioned but I would get bored with a whole night of stuff that the most upbeat thing was kings of leon.

A cover band that plays most of the same clubs as we do ONLY does heavier stuff. They do very well.

gjb3

• Charter Member
  • Youngling
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »
Each scene is different. In my neck of the woods, it used to be that as a cover band, you played rock stuff (and rock clubs) or dance stuff (and non-rock clubs), but not both. That's been changing a bit, with some bands mixing in both, but I think it just makes the band lose its identity somewhat - kind of confusing to the audience.

BillESC

• Preferred Vendor
  • Padawan
  • President of Entertainment Systems Corporation
    • Entertainment Systems Corporation
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:56:46 AM »
In my experience, there are dance crowds and chat crowds with anyting inbetween.  Certainly program  content can affect the outcome.

As a first gig I suspect most of the attendees were friends wanting to 'hear' the band.  If they make it, the party will be on.
Thanks,

Bill ESC

Entertainment Systems Corporation
Innovative production services since 1973
800-582-2421
bill@entsyscorp.com