Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Help Feedback!!

(1/4) > >>

bcbeak:
Had our first full band rehearsal tonight with Dl1608 and new DLM speakers. Everything was great (accept)
our singers wireless mic had massive feedback issues in the mains. I cut effects, comp, gate, EQ .. nothing ..
still feedback city. We had to keep it so low it barely cut over the stage volume. '

I am not a sound man .. just a guitarist running the ipad from the stage ,, so any advice would be appreciated.
How do I debug this issue? I tried SOLO and muting all other channels .. but it seemed like the feedback was
when all the other mics came on in conjunction with the singers mic... Im hoping for some suggestions before our gig tomorrow night.
Thanks

ijpengelly:
Where were the mains in relation to the singer? In front, behind, to the side? Without more detail about the venue and set ups I think we can only shoot in the dark with responses, which isn't all that helpful to you.

Tell us about the set up you were using, the venue and layout of your gear and the nature of the feedback (low freq, high frequency, etc.).

Thanks.

bcbeak:
We rehearsed in a mostly empty bar .. with an average stage. Our speakers (Mackie DLM12's) were posted only about 5 feet in front of us
and to the side .. (kinda close) ...  We have the DLM12S sub too with only bass and drums in it. The feedback seemed to be some low rumble
but also some very high pitch squeal.   Even flat EQ and no effects or anything .. just feedback. Wireless Digital Mic. (not sure what kind).
I ruled out any stage monitors (they were off at the time) ... but do suspect some interaction with other miss (drum) behind the singer

Ampli:
Hi
An option is :
get on youre smart phone an rta app (there are lots of free one see the topic)
Then put directly pointing at the monitor
Open up the gain to ca 12 o'clock
Put the main fader of the aux that controles the monitor al the way down
Put the channel fader that controles the mic to 0 db
Now open in the main aux fader the geq
The care fully slide the main aux fader up till u got feedback and watch the rta app on what freq this is
Then pul in the geq this freq down and check if the feedback is gone
Raise the main aux fade more and check if there is other feedback freq
I normaly do this till i have no feedback any more and a monitor level that i want
Usely i have the gain more or less put on 0 db, the mic fadere at 0 db and the aux main at 0 db
And no feedback
Use a split cable if u want compressor on the mic channel (  u use 2 channels then 1 for the main pa and one for the monitor )
On the lr tab u leave  the channel for the mon down
That wAy u canuse compresn and no problem with feedback

Ofcouse the above u need also to ring out the main

Goodluck
Marco

robbocurry:
I think you need to get a sound guy in, even for just one gig/rehearsal to get you a basic sound. It would be money well spent and would give you a good starting point.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version