Author Topic: Can't Seem To Get iPad To Sync Over WiFi...  (Read 5391 times)

ChiroVette

• Padawan
Can't Seem To Get iPad To Sync Over WiFi...
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »
Hey guys, is there a correct "order of operations" to get the iPad and DL1608 to work over WiFi?

My iPad works fine in every way with Master Fader while the iPad is docked, but once I remove the iPad, I lose all control over the mixer, and even though I work the iPad app till I am blue in the face, I can't get anything to happen until I dock it again.

I have the iPad logged into the router and the router is plugged in working, and connected to the Mackie. When I dock it, the iPad and mixer immediately sync, but the second I un-dock, I see the signal in the faders go down to nothing and I no longer have any control until I re-dock.

I remember reading here that there was a correct order to how you hook everything up and I am thinking maybe that's it? I double and triple checked and yes, my iPad is logged onto the router.

lol HEEEELP! :)

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Can't Seem To Get iPad To Sync Over WiFi...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
Hi Mr. Corvette  :)

I always turn on the iPad first, then the router, and make sure the iPad is connected to the correct router, then turn on the 1608 mixer.
Look in the WiFi settings on the iPad and see if there is a check mark to the left of the router that you have connected to the Mackie 1608 via the ethernet cable, and make sure it is not a crossover Cat 5/6 cable.

Sometimes, at least to me,,, it seems like the 1608 can't find the router so I turn off the 1608 for a few seconds then back on.

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but when you click on the little settings "gear" icon there should be four options,

Offline:
Work Offline/Demo DL1608
Work Offline/Demo DL806

Wired:
No Connected Device

Wireless:
DL1608

Tap the bottom "Wireless" choice and it should become blue

Let me know if that does it.
Dan
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:08:36 AM by dpdan »

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:26 AM »
Dpdan, I am basically an idiot. You know, this is why I spent hours with my brand new PA system in "mock setup" not on a gig, but in my basement for the last few days! Because when I make a completely rookie mistake, that even I should know better, I made it today at home and not with a crowd waiting to hear the band play! lol

What I did was I logged the iPad into the router and simply FORGOT that I also had to log Master Fader into the router as well, or rather press the bottom "DL1608" button which is the wifi. In short, I only remembered to log the iPad in not the actual software onto the mixer. Was driving me CRAZY for like an hour until I remembered that from the manual and the first time I had set up the mixer, router, and iPad with my IEM's upstairs in my apartment.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:51:09 AM »
glad to help  :)

you're not and idiot, we all make mistakes and I just chalk up my mistakes to just getting older, and then wiser    :)

soundlimiter

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »
Plz

I have this..

Offline:
Work Offline/Demo DL1608
Work Offline/Demo DL806
Work Offline/Demo DL32R

Wired:
DL806 DISCONNECTED Device

Wireless:
DL806

How connect wired??? I must reset the wired connection...it didn't fix with dl806 reset!!! :-(