Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I have had enough of the 1608

(1/10) > >>

Dtg77:
I called it a cheap toy before, it may not be cheap but it is nothing more than a toy.
I am going back to my mix wizard desk. The 1608 crashed last night before the gig and had my heart in my mouth. I have given it every chance I can and I have a list of things that need changed on it which is more or less the same as everyone's list but mackie just don't give a shit.

I was at musikmesse in frankfurt this week and spent time with the new Allen and Heath desk .... It is streets ahead of this. Loads of reps there to talk you through it and spend time with you. The mackie stand was a different story. The chap I got talking to hadn't a clue, I ask to hear the new dl speakers and he eventually put his iPod through them at a really low volume and said what do you think great eh!!

I got the impression they just do t give a fvck same impression I got from the forum !

Mackie here's an idea just in case you missed it before ..... Move the poxy mute buttons

My desk is going for sale with the rack mount and original box if anyone is looking for a cheap toy mixer

robbocurry:
Was it the iPad that crashed, or the DL itself?
I'll probably buy a QU16 too but it'll be more like £1k more expensive. Looks good though, I like A&H gear.
Seriously though, didn't you try it out before you bought it??
Might have a buyer for you btw, you're in the UK aren't you?

Gmul:
 I play keys with dtg77. We have given the dl every opportunity to prove itself. We have even gone to the extent of having 2 different engineers trying to sort our problems with limited and fleeting success.  The time has come to sell this toy. Bring on the A&H. Oh yea, can it really be that hard to, as my friend so beautifully put it, "move the proxy mute button"? Surely not.

Ps. We live on the west coast of Ireland. A town called sligo.

jlb:
Sorry to hear that you are having so many issues. I myself have mixed over 50 shows with this unit with no issues. My Mix Wiz and outboard gear have not been used once since purchasing the DL back in October. It don't understand your comment about it being a toy. If you know what you are doing it is capable of producing great results. Ask more questions, give it more time before you pull the plug. There are people here that will be more than willing to help.

Dtg77:
The iPad was docked I  opened master fader app it was fine for a minute then stopped responding and I had to turn it off to reset it. I don't know or care weather it was the pad or the unit as neither can work without the other.

By toy I mean it's not a professional piece of equipment.

Another major issue is the feed back in the monitors, Same amps same speakers same leads as our mix wizard and I have been fighting feed back since I got it.

Btw the Mensa candidate at the mackie stand in frankfurt said he thought it might be an eq issue..... Must tell our sound guys that one, did I mention the lack of interest they had on the stand

We didn't get to try it out first as new gear like this in ireland would never be stocked and you just have to take a chance.

The new a&h will work without an iPad, 16 chanel recording, mute buttons not put in as an after thought,a 4 band eq system with feb back controllers. In terms of build quality looks and feels like a professional desk.

Anyway if you do have someone looking for a second mackie send them my way

Cheers
D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version