Author Topic: I have had enough of the 1608  (Read 26558 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: I have had enough of the 1608
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
Hey Jerry,
Not defending the board, just thought you were harsh on the poster and just keeping you honest  ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Kevin

• Door #1
  • Padawan
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
Wouldn't I be better served getting this app on my android phone instead?

Yes - If you have an android phone (or an iPhone), its better to put the RTA on that, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

jlb

• Padawan
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »
Here is a link to my page. Videos using the DL are labeled. Some are better than others.

http://www.youtube.com/user/12betts
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:04:41 PM by RoadRanger »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »
I called it a cheap toy before, it may not be cheap but it is nothing more than a toy.
I am going back to my mix wizard desk. The 1608 crashed last night before the gig and had my heart in my mouth. I have given it every chance I can and I have a list of things that need changed on it which is more or less the same as everyone's list but mackie just don't give a shit.

Good luck with what ever gear you end up with.. It is my experience that some people just aren't cut out to be on the cutting edge. Perhaps in your case, analog is better!

On the other hand, I just did another show Saturday night with my DL and it performed perfectly and the sound was incredibly clear even with the speakers behind us flying on poles about 7 feet up above the subs. This was my first outing running 1.4 and I have to agree with many others here that the new "vintage" eq sounds so nice and sweet.

Ben, if you are lurking about here, once again.... bravo to you and your crew!
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

jlb

• Padawan
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
 :facepalm: Thanks RR.

My brain is wasting. Last weekend I did a show using a AH GL 2400. Got everything hooked up so I thought.  Started to do a line check. Nothing. Checked all me connections for about 15 minutes. Band waiting patiently on stage. Come back to the board and see that none of my inputs are connected. :facepalm:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »
It takes me to my page. Strange. Try this. Sorry. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGXjg7npi78
Enjoyed your music, all in control there too :thu: :)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »
:facepalm: Thanks RR.

My brain is wasting. Last weekend I did a show using a AH GL 2400. Got everything hooked up so I thought.  Started to do a line check. Nothing. Checked all me connections for about 15 minutes. Band waiting patiently on stage. Come back to the board and see that none of my inputs are connected. :facepalm:

Lol, classic!

Dtg77

• Youngling
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
I called it a cheap toy before, it may not be cheap but it is nothing more than a toy.
I am going back to my mix wizard desk. The 1608 crashed last night before the gig and had my heart in my mouth. I have given it every chance I can and I have a list of things that need changed on it which is more or less the same as everyone's list but mackie just don't give a shit.

Good luck with what ever gear you end up with.. It is my experience that some people just aren't cut out to be on the cutting edge. Perhaps in your case, analog is better!

On the other hand, I just did another show Saturday night with my DL and it performed perfectly and the sound was incredibly clear even with the speakers behind us flying on poles about 7 feet up above the subs. This was my first outing running 1.4 and I have to agree with many others here that the new "vintage" eq sounds so nice and sweet.

Ben, if you are lurking about here, once again.... bravo to you and your crew!

In my experience that some people believe in the emperors new clothes. Yes bravo to Ben and crew for the worst customer service in the world.

Having tried both the x32 and the qu16 they are streets ahead of the mackie in terms of "cutting edge "

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
Thought it was supposed to be a wireless mixer? ;)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »
Having tried both the x32 and the qu16 they are streets ahead of the mackie in terms of "cutting edge "
And twice the price, and how many times bigger? In my case I wanted small and 100% controllable via a tablet. I had zero desire for "real" controls. While the iX16 or X32 Rack might suit me better I'll have had my DL1608 for a year before those ship. Anything "bleeding edge" you buy these days is going to be outdone in a year. You can wait forever for the next great thing or make do with what's available today. Rumor from Germany is that Mackie is even going to give me my master FX mute (via mute groups) so I'm uber happy :D .

jlb

• Padawan
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Thought it was supposed to be a wireless mixer? ;)

Lol! At least I remembered to run a snake. :)

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »
And twice the price

Actually that's about THREE TIMES the price for the X32. lol Just saying

Not putting down the X32. I am probably going to buy that (or the StudioLive) as my main mixer and use the DL1608 as the backup mixer for the band AND for the main mixer for my acoustic duo because lol who the hell wants a 32 channe;l desk for a duo?  :lol:

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »

If mackie was a forward thinking company then the 802 would not exist. What kind of conversations took place to come up with that idea? Pure friken genius. "Hey guys, how about we make a great new product by just taking what we already have and remove 8 inputs and 2 outputs! And let's reduce the price by only a little bit." I am so glad that this great company took such a huge leap forward...um...backwards. How many people have asked mackie for a larger dl? Answer: a lot. On mackies own web site, and in the dls owner manual, they describe how to use two dls to get 24 channels. (That was stretching it mackie). Obviously they knew going into things people wanted a bigger board. So the genius development team decided a smaller board was the way to go.

Yep mackie did it almost as i once requested only part the did 'forget' the expancian rack that i also did request
A small board for small band and if needed more Channels plug in 2 or 3 stagesracks with 8 in and 4 out'
Connected with a cat cable
:)

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
If mackie was a forward thinking company then the 802 would not exist.

On the other hand, if you can't master a technological marvel like the 802, you shouldn't even be looking at a DL1608, let alone chatting about it"   :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not directed at you Jerry, just a general observation based on the context of this thread.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:39:51 PM by LeeSteel »