Author Topic: My Fader V1.0 Is Here !  (Read 17190 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
My Fader V1.0 Is Here !
« on: April 17, 2013, 12:38:34 AM »
:)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: My Fader V1.0 Is Here !
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 01:29:56 AM »
It's better than having nothing, but its very limited in its function. How nice would it be to see some eq/dynamic controls. It would be great if it was just as capable as the full master fader app.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:41 AM »
although I get an error  ,, go figure

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
A security hole to watch out for. If you set up one of the musician's iPhone or iPod Touch with My Fader and restrict it to just his monitor mix and "lock" it, all he has to do to mess with you is delete My Fader and re-install it. Now he can adjust everything :( .

Restrictions really should be on the DL1608 and programmed from the docked iPad only. The default for any non-docked device should be "all restricted".

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 03:06:29 AM »
Hey, My Fader runs on the iPad too! There's some weirdness when you first start it up where it takes several seconds to start up with a blank screen :o and then nothing works until you change the 1x-2x setting :o .
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:08:46 AM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:18:31 AM »
Someone posted a question to the Mackie FaceBook page:
What happens if you put your password on someone's My Fader on their iPhone to restrict it and next week they want to connect to a different DL1608 and they are on a different monitor mix?
My guess is they'd have to delete and re-install My Fader to remove the password and restrictions :( .

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:27:44 AM »
What's the deal? There is no mention of my fader release on Mackies website or facebook. I see the my fader app in apps but it won't install, what gives?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 03:30:17 AM »
Some folks seem to be having problems getting it to load - maybe too many folks are trying to load it at once? I had no problem at all :) .

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 03:59:01 AM »
It still says coming soon on their site?  Btw, I tried to load another app it it won't work either???!!! :facepalm:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
Lovely - thanks for the heads up RR ;D
Installed first time, no probs!
The older I get, the better I was!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:00 AM »
A security hole to watch out for. If you set up one of the musician's iPhone or iPod Touch with My Fader and restrict it to just his monitor mix and "lock" it, all he has to do to mess with you is delete My Fader and re-install it. Now he can adjust everything :( .

Restrictions really should be on the DL1608 and programmed from the docked iPad only. The default for any non-docked device should be "all restricted".
Absolutely right about the security being on a "master iPad".
I trust the guys in the band, anybody messing where they shouldn't, I'll change the wifi code and they'll be grounded for two weeks too >:(

Thanks Ben & Mackie, appreciate this. Any chance of "tap tempo" in v1.1?
Hope that didn't sound ungrateful?!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:07:32 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

mauijet

• Youngling
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
Shoots...MyFader won't load on the iPad 1. Says it's incompatible with this iPad and requires a front facing camera.  :o  :facepalm:  x(

I was planning on using this app on my iPad 1 for my monitor mix. Guess I'll just have to use Master Fader. But every time I would connect, it would knock the main control iPad offline. Maybe that was fixed in the new update?

Glad to finally have it though, and the band mates can finally mix their own in ears.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:02:58 AM by mauijet »

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
I am generally the patient one when it comes to how Mackie has dealt with the release of all things DL related so far but now my patients is starting to wear thin. This MyFader app is usless to me until it has access to EQ and Effect settings. Boo! Boo! Boo! This totally misses the mark for me. I also agree that security, just as in computer networking, should be set at the server, not at the client.
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »
Weird, it seems like this is only for the iPhone as it doesn't come up in a search in iPad apps.

Question: The female vocalist in my band has an iPad mounted to a music stand. Can I lock her out of the main mixer and only give her Master Fader control over the monitor mix I want her to have access to? Or does using the software with an iPad mean she has access to the entire mixer?

Also, does My Fader work with an iPod Touch or just the iPad and iPhone?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:41:43 PM by ChiroVette »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
Myfader was designed with a different mind set than the full master fader app. It's main use will be for individual musicians to set their own monitor levels. Similar to what presonus offers. And yes like presonus the debate does exist of allowing a musician to set his/her mix when it comes to feedback. My drummer has in ears. Now all I have to do is hand him my iPhone so he can set his own mix. This is why its called MYfader. It's nice to see that you can still control the mains and the effect levels too. That is just a bonus. But it is confusing a lot of you who thinks it's just a mini version of master fader. It is not. BUT it could be and that would be nice. However it was never advertised as anything other than what it is. So if you were expecting something else then boo, boo, boo on you.