Author Topic: My Fader V1.0 Is Here !  (Read 16974 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: My Fader V1.0 Is Here !
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Weird, it seems like this is only for the iPhone as it doesn't come up in a search in iPad apps.

Question: The female vocalist in my band has an iPad mounted to a music stand. Can I lock her out of the main mixer and only give her Master Fader control over the monitor mix I want her to have access to? Or does using the software with an iPad mean she has access to the entire mixer?

Also, does My Fader work with an iPod Touch or just the iPad and iPhone?

When you do your iPad search look at the top of the page and touch iPhone apps. That was easy.

Yes you can lock her out to only her monitor mix.

Yes it works with the iPod touch. The touch is basically the same as the iPhone minus the phone part.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:54 PM »
Question: The female vocalist in my band has an iPad mounted to a music stand. Can I lock her out of the main mixer and only give her Master Fader control over the monitor mix I want her to have access to?
Yup :)
Also, does My Fader work with an iPod Touch or just the iPad and iPhone?
Yup :)

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
Thanks guys!

Okay, this would be a good time to ask this as it is semi-related:

How do you change the password on the DL1608 and on Master Fader? lol I think I may have forgotten my original one. Also, do I have ao assign a different password to each iDevice in order to give them ONLY control over their own monitor mix?

Finally, since Reverb and digital delay are global effects, when you make changes in the monitors you change everything. Can I lock them out of ALL reverb, delay, and compression changes, including changes to their monitors?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »
There's no password on the DL1608. iDevices can have the same or different passwords - doesn't matter. Each iDevice can have different restrictions. As for the rest, why don't you load up My Fader and check it out? :)

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
I just did, but I am in the office and nowhere near the mixer, so I will have to have the devices I am going to work with for the individual band members to set passwords for them when the time comes.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »
Set mine up last night and it seemed to work very easy.  I was able to lock them out.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »
OK this is probably the dummest question but is this ap only for mac products or will it/do they offer one for droids?

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
Only iPad and iPhone/touch. I don't think that will ever change.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »
Dumb but someone had to ask.

Thank you

Chris

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
Actually, I am pretty sure I remember Mackie tech support people on the phone telling me that they are working on Android apps. I could be way off on this, but I think they are planning on it.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Actually, I am pretty sure I remember Mackie tech support people on the phone telling me that they are working on Android apps. I could be way off on this, but I think they are planning on it.
Those phone guys seem to make up stuff :( .

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »
Those phone guys seem to make up stuff :( .

Agreed. Beno posted on the forums a while back that there are no plans for an android app. This is one of the big issues with android vs iOS. There are so many different versions of android and so many different overlays. They would have to develop an app for each one. This could be 100s if not thousands. With iOS there is only one master fader app because there is basically only one iOS. Yes there are updated versions but typically backwards compatible. Yes it evolves but there is still only one. Some iPhones cannot run programs because they unfortunately can't evolve due to hardware limitations. There is only one company that owns iOS and one tablet and phone/yltouch that runs it. That would be apple, iPad and iPhone/touch.

With android there are hundreds of different phone companies who can put android on their phones, and typically it is not just pure android but an overlay like Samsung touch wiz, htc sense and many others.

This is also why there are so many different hardware accessories you can get for iPhones that don't exist for android phones.

Samsung has said they are working on there own OS so that they can control this issue. If it was a stable OS then companies can focus on apps and hardware that would work specific with the galaxy phones. Then you might get a master fader app but only for Samsung. Same as it is now for iPhones.

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
Well had a gig this weekend and my drummer finally used the My Fade for his mix.  He usually has a grim looking face when he plays but he was delighted at having full control.

I also put it my iphone and set it up for foh and walked the room with it for some basic channel adjustments.  Last set I left the ipad docked and used it for an occasional channel adjustment (thanks Jerry Lee) and it was great.

So it works for me.

I had 4 different musicians in the audiance approach me and were spell bound at the technology and the cost.  For weekend warriors like me it is perfect.

Chris

Hankdaz

• Initiate
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:12 AM »
I've not used the My Fader yet, but it seems like a great option. While I totally agree with the client vs server based argument for security and permissions, lets also be practical. How many people will face these outlier issues? It's nitpicking, true stuff, but nitpicking all the same. The my fader works and EQ adjustments totally defeats the purpose of a simple monitor level tool

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:01:34 AM »
Used it this weekend for the first time and it worked great. My setup; This was a Greek bouzouki duo performing at Cincinnati State College during a gourmet food/wine tasting event. About 1000 people strolling from station to station. When performing as a duo, I previously had been playing our backing tracks using 2 minidisc decks mounted in an 8 space rack with an Allan & Heath mixer in a popup skb mixer case. All I need now is the DL! I've transfered all of my backing tracks into itunes and run idjay on the docked ipad. I used some double sided tape and temporarily mounted my ipod touch running My Fader, right on my bouzouki. Our instruments are wireless, so as we strolled around the room, I was making adjustments to the mix in real time. The organizer of the event asked me to bring the level down just a bit at one point and I made the adjustment right there, 50 feet from stage and she was thrilled that I could do it so quickly. I was thinking of originally getting a second Ipad, but the ipod app my be easier.