Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Quick poll: Who actually uses the iPad docked?

(1/3) > >>

Jerrylee:
I'm curious who uses their iPad, or even a second iPad, docked. I am not really wondering about an occasional docking. I am wondering who leaves it in for a whole gig all the time. Also who might actually lock it in with the lock that comes with the unit.

The reason I ask is because people are complaining about the lightning connector. Yet it works fine with the adapter. But some people also complain that with the adapter they cannot use the lock.

There are so many more issues with the dl that I think this should be the least of our concerns. Especially when, as I believe, most people don't use it docked and/or locked.

I have docked it for recording a few times, and I have used my phone for recordings with the adapter with no issues. I also have left the house forgetting the Ethernet cable and had to dock it to set the mix. After everything is set I pull it out.

Out of over a hundred gigs I have docked it maybe 3 times for reasons I have already described.

WK154:
I use it docked for charging or when I'm evaluating the DL but never on gigs.

RoadRanger:
I leave my iPad docked and use my iPad mini wireless. I haven't locked it down yet but intend to. If the DL1608 was a 2U rackmount that could run from the iPad via the stock charging/data cable I'd not miss the dock at all.

sam.spoons:
I don't dock the iPad on gigs, though with the advent of My Fader (or if I had a mini) I may reconsider. Actually I use the iPad for lyrics if I'm playing and wireless if I'm mixing so probably not.  :)

robbocurry:
Docked but not locked on all gigs so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version