Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

What's actually good about my fader:

(1/2) > >>

Jerrylee:
Here are my reasons for why myfader is good. Not mentioning what could or should be there, just my ideas as it is now.

1. It's nice to have a second control surface for the obvious monitor mix.

2. Falls in line with number 1. I have my system almost always pre set up for my band. Effects and eqs are ready to go. I actually at that point just use my iPad to set volumes. I can now do that with myfader and never actually use the iPad. (Presuming everything else is preset.)

3. Goes with number 2. A back up just in case the iPad crashes and/or the rare time I forget to grab my iPad.

4. I only have one iPad. A lot of times I have to go back and fourth between screens to get things set up right. I can now see two sets of faders at once. This help me big time when I am going between apps too. I always leave master fader to go to my music app to start the music playing. Then I need to leave the app to go back to my input channels where the music is to set that. And then back to my music app for playlists, songs etc. Now I can use the myfader app and adjust the levels while in my music app.

5. I leave my iPad in my k&m iPad holder. If input levels are off and I have to adjust them I have to keep unclipping my iPad. Now I can just pull my phone out of my pocket.

6. Goes with 5. I have lyrics and music in my iPad and almost always have that program open. Same as with my music player I no longer have to leave what I am doing to adjust levels.

7. What I do love about myfader is that it can control the foh mix. This is something a lot of competitors have not put in the iPhone/touch apps. Now I can do a lot more without having to buy another iPad.

Ill stop her but there are a lot more benefits of this app. Any other ideas?

Trshot:
I'd say you pretty much covered them!

robbocurry:
Good list Jerry, can't wait to try the app out for real.
After a quick 1st glance at your post title, I was expecting one of your hatchet jobs tbh  ;D

gtrdudes:
I used it tonight for the first time. Like you I have everything pretty much all set so I really only need to adjust volumes.

I could use this to run a show if I ever forgot my iPad (which I did once) except there is no solo button.  I use the solo to send the guitars to the headphone out for the tuner.

In a pinch we could tune by ear.

I'll try it with the full band this weekend and maybe give my phone to one of the guys to set their own monitor mix.

sam.spoons:
I often have a mate with decent ears in the crowd when I'm playing but with only one iPad (which I use for lyrics as well as Master Fader) we were in the old situation of sign language. Now I can give said mate my iPod Touch to tweak the balance (which is all that I can reasonably expect from him) during the set. Wonderful  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version