Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

How Do You Guys Deal With Phantom Power?

<< < (3/3)

ChiroVette:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on April 19, 2013, 12:49:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: ChiroVette on April 19, 2013, 12:48:19 AM ---It isn't damage I am worrying about but the annoying popping sound that makes us look and sound absurdly unprofessional while setting up.

--- End quote ---

Mute the channels. It is not necessary to purchase outboard phantom supplies.

--- End quote ---

Well I am certainly not going to get one by Saturday, which is our first gig with all the new gear. Anyway, I created a basic snapshot for my band with some anticipatory settings. Things like engaging and setting the high pass filter on all the channels except for kick, bass, and keys. Putting in a decent reverb I liked while messing with the unit and a lone mic, and setting up all the auxes for IEM's (brickwall limiting) as well as basic wedge setup and panning for how the band will appear on stage. After reading the post by ijpengelly, I also muted ALL channels and will only turn them on once a mic is in that channel. Once there is a mic in a channel, then I will un-mute it.

robbocurry:
Good job ChiroVette,
Pulling the faders/muting the channel is good practice. Nothing will make you unpopular as quickly as scaring the crap out of the punters!

ijpengelly:
Yeh, its bad enough having the drummer test his snare when you are going about setting up his drum mics... i've almost come out of my skin on a few occassions LOL

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on April 19, 2013, 09:10:51 AM ---Yeh, its bad enough having the drummer test his snare when you are going about setting up his drum mics... i've almost come out of my skin on a few occassions LOL

--- End quote ---
Nothing shortens you're potential life expectancy quicker than a kick drum or cymbal hit just as you plug something into mains electricity >:( >:( >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version