Author Topic: Android app  (Read 7949 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Android app
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:21 AM »
Can anyone figure out what's going on in this video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzLmV8Y9xxs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzLmV8Y9xxs</a>

Ampli

• Knight
Re: Android app
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:34 AM »
Yep they set up a vnc link or something between the ipad and the android phone
I tryed this also for my lighting programm. Biggest problem is the big lag

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »
I have PC remote for my phone, which allows me to control my laptop and that has remote desktop capabilities. To be fair the lag isn't too bad if you are on a reasonable network link. Not thought to try it with the iPad, mind.... its a Windows Phone and we all know they don't mix well LOL

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:06:07 PM »
I am not seeing a noticeable lag in this video.
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
In looking around the only VNC server I could find for the iPad (veency) requires it to be jailbroken :( .

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »
And... TeamViewer has an active link on their web site for users to send request directly to Apple to allow this to work so I have to conclude that Apple currently doesn't allow this to work without a jailbreak.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »
1) there is a huge lag. 2) the title says using android to control dl1608 Mackie . This is not totally true. He is using the android phone to control the iPad. The iPad is technically controlling the dl. It's a great idea but does require a jailbreak. 

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
1) there is a huge lag. 2) the title says using android to control dl1608 Mackie . This is not totally true. He is using the android phone to control the iPad. The iPad is technically controlling the dl. It's a great idea but does require a jailbreak.

Jailbreaking an iPhone or iPad is not a big deal for some people but it is not something I want to get involved in. Other than that, there might be a slight lag if you watch the level meter. It's not much different than watching the docked vs undocked ipads in a 2 iPad setup. It is almost instantaneous. The only thing that might be an issue would be tap tempo but I seriously doubt anyone would hear much difference base on the response shown in the video.

The lag shown in this video is not more/less than the lag between your brain hearing audio and your finger pushing the appropriate slider.   :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:44:07 PM by LeeSteel »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
Lee are you watching the same video I am? Put your glasses on. First off he is going slow enough to hide the lag. And you say no visible lag. Do you not see where he scrolls the android phone left and right the lag? I don't know about you but I call that visible lag. I have used team viewer plenty of times between my phone and my computer. I used to control my presonus that way before i got my iPad. Yes there is a very noticeable lag. But it never made it difficult to use. But, none the less, there is most definitely a lag. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:14:15 PM by Jerrylee »

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 03:47:03 PM »
You changed your post! I guess you knew my response was coming.