Author Topic: Dead iPad  (Read 4321 times)

deanspy

• Initiate
Dead iPad
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
I opened my case to find the ipad completely dead. 15 minutes later, it was just as dead, after powering on the DL1608 and waiting. I was lucky in that I had brought a spare with me that night and the day was saved.

The ipad got plugged into a proper ipad charging wart and came back to life ten minutes later.

I have found that upon first boot it does not work or connect to the hardware unless it is unplugged and plugged back in.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Dean

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Re: Dead iPad
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »
I have similar issuses.  I find my ipad never connects directly when i first pop it in.  Sometimes if I leave it plugged in it will eventually find it.  It will aways find the wireless but of course will not be charging.

I find soetimes if I leave it docked it finds the wired connection and power but often times I have to repeatedly pull it out and reseat it.

So  I never leave it docked and plugged in.  I always take it out and charge it at my home before a gig.

I have also found that an ipod or iphone that has drained the battery will come back to life after 10 minutes or so of being plugged in.  It never seems automatic.

Not sure what my connection issue is.  In your case the ipod probably stayed turned on when you finished using the Mackie and powered off.

Chris

Oddeotek

• Padawan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
I have found that if you close down Master Fader, then double click the home button on the iPad to show all the active apps, then press and hold one of those apps so that they start to wiggle, then press the "x" on each of the active apps to shut them down - when you open Master Fader again, it will connect.
Sorry for the run-on sentence, I'm a musician...

Oddeotek

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
Sorry, I meant press the "minus" sign on the active apps, not the "x" to close them down.