Author Topic: FAQ: Power Socket Fix  (Read 5095 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
FAQ: Power Socket Fix
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
My DL is fitted in a custom case with my router mounted underneath and PSU permanently plugged in. It has a loop in the cable for strain relief and the whole package is snug and safe.
I lifted the desk up a little last gig to ease the iPad out (the edge of the flightcase fouls it a little). The power cycled and a got a (thankfully) small thump through the PA. It was during the soundcheck so after closing everything down I took a look at the power connectors. The fault lay within the desk, the split centre pin of the power connector was tightly closed, causing too much play. A quick poke with a fine screwdriver opened the centre pin up a bit and it was sorted. The plug had been connected/disconnected five times at most. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem? 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:54:46 PM by RoadRanger »
The older I get, the better I was!

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Power Socket Fix
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
I've wiggled the power connector and seen the iPad charging indicator change status, but not had the whole desk lose power. Mine feels like the locking screw doesn't really hold the connector in snugly enough. I think this is possibly due to the position / size of the nut on the power inlet.

Mine has probably been plugged and unplugged 50+ times.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: Power Socket Fix
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »
I've wiggled the power connector and seen the iPad charging indicator change status, but not had the whole desk lose power. Mine feels like the locking screw doesn't really hold the connector in snugly enough. I think this is possibly due to the position / size of the nut on the power inlet.

Mine has probably been plugged and unplugged 50+ times.
Yeah, mine was the same. It will still push in and out a bit on the nut but no power breaks now after opening the centre pin a little.
The older I get, the better I was!