Author Topic: FAQ: Channel Color Labels  (Read 7212 times)

Jkowtko

• Padawan
FAQ: Channel Color Labels
« on: May 01, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
Since Mackie would not provide a background color for channel labels, I've gone ahead and created a handful of color blocks to use for this purpose.   

It's a bit of a pain to get the images onto the iPad -- I had to save to my dropbox on the PC, then open Dropbox on the iPad and save to my photo library, where they show up under the camera roll.  My attempts at copying the files onto the iPad with iFunbox were unsuccessful.

I can't seem to get the image to retain it's aspect ratio as a horizontal bar on the channel label ... the DL squares it out.  But at least I now have colors to work with.

If anyone can improve on this please share!

Thanks.  John
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:10:06 PM by RoadRanger »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Channel color labels
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Same idea but I have a set with "VOX" or "GTR" or WHY on them. Just add the players name below and Robert is your relative of choice.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:17 PM »
Since Mackie would not provide a background color for channel labels, I've gone ahead and created a handful of color blocks to use for this purpose.   

It's a bit of a pain to get the images onto the iPad -- I had to save to my dropbox on the PC, then open Dropbox on the iPad and save to my photo library, where they show up under the camera roll.  My attempts at copying the files onto the iPad with iFunbox were unsuccessful.

I can't seem to get the image to retain it's aspect ratio as a horizontal bar on the channel label ... the DL squares it out.  But at least I now have colors to work with.

If anyone can improve on this please share!

Thanks.  John

John, have you tried File Manager Pro on the iPad.  BTW, according to Mackie, the image size is 60px x 60px, but they say that aspect ratio should scale.  In other words, 100px x 100px should scale to 60px x 60px, but just takes more room  on your iPad.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »
No I haven't tried Filemgr Pro ... if it's an app that lets you import image files to the iPad via USB or camera adapter into the photo library where MF can pick them up, that would be ideal.  This siloed file structure on the iProducts is pathetically restricting ...

It look like the images must be square.  I had hoped to create a bar on the top of the label area allowing the text to remain roughly centered in the label ... but it looks like if you add any image it automatically takes up 60x60 and pushes the label to the bottom.

It would also be nice to have two lines for the label.  "Orchest..." and  "Orchest..."  instead of "Orchestra L" and "Orchestra R" just doesn't cut it sometimes when you can't abbreviate (in this case you obviously can, I am just referring to the general case).  Plus it would be nice to have the L and R on their own lines for easier identification.

... and so on ... we'll see what 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8 bring us ... maybe by the time I lose my hearing I'll have everything I want ...

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:36:27 PM »
I dont use color labels
But another easy way to get the color images would be ;
Take some fotos with the ipad camera  from color sheets of paper

Marco

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: FAQ: Channel Color Labels
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
Hey, these sound interesting! If yous guys could upload them to our Yahoo Group files section we'd all be able to check them out :) :
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dl1608/files/
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:15:56 PM by RoadRanger »