Author Topic: iPad Ownership  (Read 10116 times)

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
iPad Ownership
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
Just wanted to pose a quick question.... How many of you owned an iPad before buying the mixer or even knowing that a mixer would be available to use with the iPad?
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
Re: iPad Ownership
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
I bought the iPad (and now the iPhone) specifically to be used with the dl1608.

If it wasn't for the dl I would have a Samsung phone and/or tablet. I had a note 2 and a galaxy s3. I ended up getting the iPhone just because of AirPlay and now myfader.

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »
Hey Jerry, well I can understand the necessity of the iPad, but why buy an iPhone when you like the Samsung phone better? You could have gotten yourself a iPod Touch for Airplay and MyFader for cheaper (i think).

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
I did buy an iPod touch. I was at a gig with my phone in one pocket and my touch in the other. I like to keep things streamlined and simple. I hated having 2 pockets with devices in them. I fought over the decision for a while. At one point I had sold the note 2 and posted the s3 for sale. Someone offered me more than I expected for the s3 so I couldn't say no. I had returned the touch and bought an iPhone. This was actually the second iPhone I bought throughout the course of a month and a half debate. What really made my final decision was the announcement of myfader. Most of my debating went on just before it was announced.

Honestly I would love to have the s4 over the iPhone. I tried to find a program to use the airplay with it. I got some to stream audio with piss poor control and terrible interfaces. Nothing, and I mean nothing, came close to having an iOS device when it came to AirPlay. And as I said earlier the myfader app made my final decision.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
I bought an iPad before the DL came out mainly to control an Avid Venue with a VNC client. I also read books on it.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

Tnelson494

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »
Wife got me an Ipad as a birthday gift before I even knew about the DL1608 I was mostly using it for Gutar Pro and general emailing, little easier to mess around with in the living room then the laptop. She liked it so much she ended up buying one her self one. Just recently mine started getting all wierd it will out of no where start randomly self tapping the left and top of the screen I looked into it and it is not a common problem but has showed up with people requesting idea's on how to fix it (right now just force closing all apps and repowering it seems to cure it for awhile) so i'm glad she got one worry mine will accidently push a fader or something by it self that would suck in the middle of a show :0 

Oddeotek

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
I already owned the iPad 1 for just basic email, YouTube and Internet browsing. After I bought the DL1608, I thought that the iPad mini would be a better wireless controller for it so I bought that. Now the iPad 1 stays docked and the mini is my main control surface

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 09:36:22 PM »
I bought an iPad a few years back specifically to run Luminair lighting software. We now have a mini and a collection of iPhones and two routers to run light & sound. I'd never even heard of the DL until I was introduced to it by my friend in our local pro audio outlet. I'd like to run it on two or three iPads mounted together, a bit like Star Trek methinks.....

The older I get, the better I was!

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
I am also using Luminair. Currently I am running 2 iPads, one for the DL and one for Lighting.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
I did not own an iPad. I bought 2 iPads for use with the DL1608.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Just wanted to pose a quick question.... How many of you owned an iPad before buying the mixer or even knowing that a mixer would be available to use with the iPad?

I ordered the iPad immediately after it was introduced, to VNC into the computers at front of house.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
I already had an iPad before buying the DL1608 but I'm sure I would have bought it anyway (and an iPad to go with it)  8)

stburch69

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:57 AM »
I bought wanting  the ipad to read music.Little did I know that it control a mixer.

vballDrummer

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »
The ONLY reason I have an iPad is for the DL1608.

troy mcclure

• Padawan
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
Just bought a DL 1608 but have yet to buy an Ipad. I am waiting on a buddy who has a used one for me.
So the answer I didn't.. 8)